Why become a member? ×

Les Claypool or Flea?

Bass_man219

Definately Les Claypool for me.

I've been to both their houses and you should see how Les has done his kitchen. Absolutley lovely whilst Flea however, has no idea whatsoever about work-top / unit colour co-ordination and quite frankly, has bought very cheap appliances.

[quote name='Jayben' timestamp='1327448513' post='1511590']
I've heard that the Flea has a TARDIS. That just kinda tips the inter-dimensional scales for me..
[/quote]
So even if you did see Flea and Les together they might still be the same person, just one is from the future.

Flea was also in Back to the Future (2or3??)

[quote name='EmmettC' timestamp='1327448735' post='1511594']
So even if you did see Flea and Les together they might still be the same person,[b] just one is from the future.[/b]

Flea was also in Back to the Future (2or3??)
[/quote]

Or one is from the past... You decide.

He was in Back to the Future.. Pretending to be himself in the future but in the past, acting like it's in the future.

[quote name='Bass_man219' timestamp='1327446935' post='1511547']
Okay that kid's impressed me :) just shows how insanely good musicians mostly never get recognised
[/quote]Eh? That kid has a website that sells soiled knickers on-line. He has made a fortune in the Asian business market, selling his prawny pants.

[quote name='Jayben' timestamp='1327448938' post='1511597']

Or one is from the past... You decide
[/quote]
Clearly which ever one of them is better is from the future. Some one should start a thread to find out who's better Flea or Les Claypool!!!

Flea is a brutal player and Les is just plain nuts. I have no opinion on who is better because they both offer something different from each other, but I am a big fan of both. Love em or hate em, they have both been very influential players over the past 20+ years

I was kind of unfussed about playing slap in the late 80s/early 90s as it had become a cliche of sorts and everyone sounded like a cheap Mark King to me then. On seeing Primus open for Rush I was enticed into Claypools world. Flea was wicked but similarly, most guys I knew were working on learning his stuff and I did to an extent but was drawn to Les's playing as it seemed so far off the radar and hardly anyone at the time seemed to be digging it. Whether it was out of being awkward for the sake of it I'll never know but Les was quite an influence amongst many for me. However, sitting right on the fence - they've both produced some classic lines and inspired so many people that you have to say respect.