Why become a member? ×

Fender Mike Dirnt sig bass

munkonthehill

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1327356362' post='1510011']
Really nice basses. Heavy though, and a chunky thick neck on them. Fab pickups (custom shop '59) which do everything from trebly Green Day punk, to pretty good fat Motown sounds.

One of the (many!) basses I regret selling.

Mark.
[/quote]

oh I love this reply,,,,,,,,Thanks for that Mark.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1327356320' post='1510009']
so I give you 50p and you give me a bass?
[/quote]

not so much this one though <_<

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1327356478' post='1510020']
Can I afford it and is it a different colour than vintage white?

If the answer to the above is a yes they are crap but you may pass the details onto me mines lonely.

If the Answer to any of the above is no . I think mines bloomin' fantastic.
[/quote]

hahaha thanks for that,,,the answer is no if that helps ;)

[quote name='TraceElliotBass' timestamp='1327356717' post='1510032']
They are really good basses, as already said they do have a wide range of tone. I think the only downside is the weight. But I can't fault mine! At one point I did own 3 of them!
[/quote]

Thankfully I am a big lad and I like heavy....So all is still looking great.

I got one in the sales just before Xmas - the workmanship is fantastic (not far off my USA deluxe) and the rosewood board is particularly nicely figured. Yeah, it's quite heavy and the neck is a bit like half a baseball bat, but it somehow feels very 'right' for the instrument. The only bad thing about mine was the almost unplayable factory setup (sufficient to keep it on the wall at DV for long enough to land it in a clearance sale) but half an hour of tweaking and a pack of new strings got that ironed out. The pickup height took a couple of band rehearsals to get right and has ended up a little more radically angled than on my other P's, but not so as it's in the way. Looks great, feels great, plays great, sounds great... I say do it!

[quote name='Ed_S' timestamp='1327363034' post='1510182']
I got one in the sales just before Xmas - the workmanship is fantastic (not far off my USA deluxe) and the rosewood board is particularly nicely figured. Yeah, it's quite heavy and the neck is a bit like half a baseball bat, but it somehow feels very 'right' for the instrument. The only bad thing about mine was the almost unplayable factory setup (sufficient to keep it on the wall at DV for long enough to land it in a clearance sale) but half an hour of tweaking and a pack of new strings got that ironed out. The pickup height took a couple of band rehearsals to get right and has ended up a little more radically angled than on my other P's, but not so as it's in the way. Looks great, feels great, plays great, sounds great... I say do it!
[/quote]

I honestly cant wait for it now.

Bought mine new when they first came out and don't intend selling it, if that's 50p-worth.

The neck is pretty chunky, but the nut width is mid-way between a Jazz and a normal Precision, so the neck doesn't feel too deep.

Mine doesn't feel heavy, but it does feel solid. Good pickups and that sold Badass II bridge to keep things anchored.

Err, that's about it.

[quote name='munkonthehill' timestamp='1327744793' post='1516042']
does anyne know if the vintage white colour scheme on these basses are yellow?

The fender website shows it off white (cream) but any pics I have seen show it as yellow!!!
[/quote]

It`s a very light yellow colour. Think of very watered-down runny custard kind of yellow.