Why become a member? ×

REMOVE

Skezza

What is the difference between the Little Mark 2 head and the Little Mark 3 head.

Secondly I wanted to buy a Markbass combo with a removeable head

so that i can use the combo for small to medium gigs

then take the head out to use with my 4 x 10 and 4 x 8

but i found out today that not all the combos offer the removeable head facility

can anyone tell me which combos do

skez

Edited by Skezza

Ok I seem to have got the whole wrong idea. The very first markbass I saw was being used by a basschatter. He had it in a 2 x 10 combo.
BUT he could take it the head out and stack it on top of a markbass 4 x10 and 1 x 15 to make a big rig he was explaining it to my son.
I assumed they were all like this
Ok Ill just buy an LM2 head and use my existing cabs

skez

You can remove the head from all the combos, but you need to get a top plate for the head. The heads used in the combo s are LM II/IIIs.
Top plate can easily be made with a thin sheet of metal cut to size & 4 holes drilled in it (where the bolts go through, of course).

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1326210631' post='1493846']
You can remove the head from all the combos, but you need to get a top plate for the head. The heads used in the combo s are LM II/IIIs.
Top plate can easily be made with a thin sheet of metal cut to size & 4 holes drilled in it (where the bolts go through, of course).
[/quote]
This is what I understood to be the case too but I was keeping out of it as I wasn't 100%.