Why become a member? ×

Jamiroquai Pression 2011

wombatboter

I rarely start a topic around here but this is just so amazing that I couldn't help posting this..(hopefully this hasn't been posted before)
Many have praised Paul Turner but again this floors me..
When the bass comes in around 3'30" ...how good can you be ?
Killer tone, great phrases and sometimes I hear echoes of Bernard Edwards and Rocco Prestia in his style.
Turner is just one of the finest bassplayers around..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzRl7ftj0Hs&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrC5E7f-JIA&feature=related[/media]

You know what I love about him is that he's not one of these inaccessible players where it's just jaw-on-the-floor chops and technique.

It's when you come to play this style of music you realise just how good he is- he's got such a full arsenal of taste at his disposal.
Def absorbed the players you mention and more prob but Bernard Edwards big time.

I've become quite friendly with Paul since being introduced via Nick Wells (Paul lives about 15-20 mins away from me).

I think he's a fabulous player and a super nice guy.

I've seen him playing, techically complex, Bernard Edwards lines whilst chatting away and showing me how Edwards used his thumb nail for some of those percussive sounds he got.

He's a dab hand at Jamerson as well :)

[quote name='Stag' timestamp='1324733063' post='1477424']
Saw Paul at a clinic in Great Yarmouth, would you believe it.... With Derrick and the guitarist whose name escapes me. Really great guys, all of them... Question and answer session with instruments, very cool!
[/quote]

Rob Harris I think his name is...Turner is brilliant - Met him just the once but he was a really nice guy to talk to, and totally down to earth. I'm a big fan of his for sure!