Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Chic

brensabre79

Finally got my new rig. Picked up the Super twelve T yesterday from Alex and Bobby at Barefaced. Lovely guys, had a great chat in the chilly basscave. Alex showed me his destruction testing (dropping cab down a flight of stairs repeatedly). I'm pretty satisfied with how sturdy these are built put it that way! Some great things happening there in the near future too. Another happy customer here :)

[attachment=95586:photo.JPG]

Welcome to the S12T club.. :-)

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1324376518' post='1473467']
Finally got my new rig. Picked up the Super twelve T yesterday from Alex and Bobby at Barefaced. Lovely guys, had a great chat in the chilly basscave. Alex showed me his destruction testing (dropping cab down a flight of stairs repeatedly). I'm pretty satisfied with how sturdy these are built put it that way! Some great things happening there in the near future too. Another happy customer here :)

[attachment=95586:photo.JPG]
[/quote]

You guys should really stop posting pics of your sexy S12T's in vintage cloth or i should stop coming to this forum... i can't afford to spend more money in gear for now and a don't need a fourth cab in times that selling is difficult.... but i just have to have one of those cabs...... GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've tried it out properly now, you know with other musicians and that... I'm staggered not only by the clarity of this cab, but the sound is amazingly good. I have more headroom than the Albert Hall, the cab almost begs you for more! No fine tuning the amp to get the most out of it, this will take whatever you throw at it and then some! Loads of bottom end, but its controlled, not boomy. The mids are all there, but not nasal, just warm and lovely. The top end with the tweeter is super warm too, not sharp and nasty. Moving around the stage the sound is consistent too. I have to say, given all the raving about them on here I was expecting great things but even so I am really impressed. I just have to sort out my playing now because I can hear [b]everything[/b]!

I've ordered a Roqsolid cover for it now and I don't think I'll be taking advantage of the return policy. Sorry Alex, but you're not getting this one back ;)

Nice rig dude!

There really does seem to be a general move towards BF cabs - main reasons seem to be;

1. Personalized customer service is second to none
2. Owners [b][i]really[/i][/b] understand sound from a bass player's perspective
3. Very robust kit
4. Sounds great/cuts through mix
5. High quality build/components
6. 30 day return guarantee
7. It defies physics - its not heavy :)

I'm looking to upgrade TC cabs/amp in Jan '12 and BF is def in the running - also looking at Aguilar and Ampeg to compare.

Have a good one guys!
JB

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1324719960' post='1477252']
Thanks everyone! I'm really chuffed to bits with it (actually enjoying playing more!). Heartily recommend these cabs. I'll try and make it to the next bassbash in the SE so you can try it out :)
Have a great Christmas and new year!!
[/quote]

Great cab, had a great big sh*t-eating grin on my face last night at our gig, it seems every gig I do it sounds better. Bring it to the next SE Bash and we had to find a 2 ohm amp head and drive them both ;)