Why become a member? ×

Lakland Bob Glaub w. Villex Mods

martthebass

[quote name='Marcus' post='172831' date='Apr 9 2008, 08:38 AM']This is about the daftest price i've ever seen for a bass !

£470 for a Lakland Bob Glaub with very tasteful mods !! ??[/quote]

your not kidding i paid 600 for mine without the mods and still think i got a good deal !

is everyone skint or are laklands not the flavour of the month at the moment ?

[quote name='peety' post='172849' date='Apr 9 2008, 08:54 AM']your not kidding i paid 600 for mine without the mods and still think i got a good deal !

is everyone skint or are laklands not the flavour of the month at the moment ?[/quote]

Let's look at this......

Laklands are without doubt Hot Basses

Precisions are Flavour of the Month

Villex Mods are considered top notch, tastefull mods for your P

Black Maple is Soooooo Cool

£600 is about the right price 2nd hand for this bass

This Particular Instrument is (definately) one of the better examples of the Lakland Skyline series

What the hell's it doing up for sale still ?

I think we're all skint / unsure of the economy is the only conclusion really !

Great Bass - well worth getting into debt for :)

[quote name='Marcus' post='172891' date='Apr 9 2008, 10:02 AM']Let's look at this......

Laklands are without doubt Hot Basses

Precisions are Flavour of the Month

Villex Mods are considered top notch, tastefull mods for your P

Black Maple is Soooooo Cool

£600 is about the right price 2nd hand for this bass

This Particular Instrument is (definately) one of the better examples of the Lakland Skyline series

What the hell's it doing up for sale still ?

I think we're all skint / unsure of the economy is the only conclusion really !

Great Bass - well worth getting into debt for :)[/quote]

never a truer word spoken, somebody buy this quick before i end up with another !!!!

am trying to think of reasons why someone shouldn't buy this and i can't !!!

[quote name='Smash' post='173006' date='Apr 9 2008, 12:25 PM']Thank goodness for Adee, I was looking at what I could sell....[/quote]

sure my bank manager will second that !

i agree get it bought you will not be disapointed this has to be the bargain of the decade

[quote name='Adee' post='172994' date='Apr 9 2008, 12:12 PM']PM sent to ya ![/quote]

[quote name='Smash' post='173006' date='Apr 9 2008, 12:25 PM']Thank goodness for Adee, I was looking at what I could sell....[/quote]

[quote name='peety' post='173024' date='Apr 9 2008, 12:43 PM']sure my bank manager will second that !

i agree get it bought you will not be disapointed this has to be the bargain of the decade[/quote]

Another amp :) another bass :huh: another amp ;) another bass ;) another amp :huh: another bass ;) another amp :D another bass ;)

Whew another amp it is then ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='173073' date='Apr 9 2008, 01:22 PM']Another amp :) another bass :huh: another amp ;) another bass ;) another amp :huh: another bass ;) another amp :D another bass ;)

Whew another amp it is then ;)[/quote]

You can only play through 1 at a time ya kna'

God I sound like wor lass !! ;)

[quote name='Marcus' post='173248' date='Apr 9 2008, 04:02 PM'][b]You can only play through 1 at a time ya kna' [/b]

[i]God I sound like wor lass !![/i] ;)[/quote]

I have my lass believing I have to have stereo :huh:

[i]Try screaming 'Give it to me big boy' and I'll tell you if you sound like your lass[/i] :)

I bought the stock Lindy Fralin pick-up for this from Peter with a view to putting it into my DD. In the end I've fitted a Wizard Thumper. Whoever buys this bass can buy the Lindy at what I paid for it plus postage and put it back to original.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='173745' date='Apr 10 2008, 10:41 AM']This drives me nuts-if I [i]had[/i] £470 there would be nothing to be had anywhere! When I haven't got a pot to piss in, stuff like this appears! Good luck with it, I'd have bitten your arm off by now if I could.[/quote]

+1 :)

[quote name='martthebass' post='166866' date='Mar 31 2008, 01:42 PM']No offense taken and, no I don't - but then I'm fairly laid back and don't get anal about the sound too much.
Personally I like the sound but [b]at the end of the day [/b]I need a backup that'll get used in the band context.

Thanks Mark, [b]at the end of the day [/b]if the bass doesn't go I'll probably 'Shukerise' it - rip out the Villex mods (and part out for selling) and look for something more standard 'P'. It plays well, is of good quality and is worth the spend, but [b]at the end of the day [/b]I would be happy with a stock MIA Jazz so that'd be easier.

Cheers, Mart[/quote]

:) At the end of the day, I'd be exhausted. :huh:

Edited by Sean

Nice to meet you Mart

Well so far so good, picked the Lakland up Saturday and did it first gig Saturday night !
A full 1 1/2 hour set straright through as well, so no messing about!

I found the bass comfortable and didnt notice the extra weight
The Villex pup is superb, nice and clear and plenty of tonal adjustment
Once I got the hang of how it all works and alters the sound its superb
I found it very punchy and with the mid boost could alter the amount of 'attack' to my sound

All in all I'm very pleased, probably do a back to back with my P-Bass at some point . . . . . . . but I might have a Fender USA P-Bass with S1 in Butterscotch, black scratchplate and Maple neck up for sale soon.

Cheers Ade,

really glad that you are enjoying it and that your band mates appreciate its 'enhanced' capabilities. Played a Duck Dunn on Sunday and it couldn't hold a candle to your new bass!
If I've still got some cash when you come to sell the 'yellow' P bass you might have a deal!

Mart