Why become a member? ×

Lakland Bob Glaub w. Villex Mods

martthebass

This is a record for me.
Thought this was just what I was looking for, unfortunately the rest of the band don't agree and after a fraught few hours in the rehearsal room trying to get a sound they'd like I had to go back to my MIA P. I can't afford to have 2 bedroom basses (the DJ5 performs that function already!) so this will (unfortunately) have to go.

The full description of the bass is given by Mark (much better than I could) in the thread below. If anyone need better pitures just let me know.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16060"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16060[/url]

[b]New price £470[/b]

Alternatively I'm up for trade/px with equivalent condition Jazz 4 string types; Lakky JO/DJ, Sandberg or MIA Jazz (preferably an S1).

Hey ho........

Edited by martthebass

What put you off? Too vintage sounding? Not vintage sounding enough?
I was really interested in this but when I saw it had gone, GAS got the better of me and I bought a Stingray instead.
Consequently, I can't afford it now. Doh!

Anyway, good luck with the sale and consider this a bump.

[quote name='rayfw' post='166042' date='Mar 29 2008, 07:16 PM']What put you off? Too vintage sounding? Not vintage sounding enough?
I was really interested in this but when I saw it had gone, GAS got the better of me and I bought a Stingray instead.
Consequently, I can't afford it now. Doh!

Anyway, good luck with the sale and consider this a bump.[/quote]

Thanks for the bump,
I'm not particularly put off - not 'trad' enough for the band methinks. If I could find a way to justify keeping it I definately would (damn 3 bass rule).

BTW, you would have liked it - like a 2EQ Ray without the sizzle.

Cheers, Mart

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='166732' date='Mar 31 2008, 09:21 AM']Not being funny - but do you tell the rest of the band what instruments they should play?[/quote]

Firstly, I agree, but it seems to be a guitarists disease where they have to have (ill founded) opinions on the bassists sound.

Secondly, this is a great bass at a great price, don't let the fact that it's changed hands a couple of times recently put any one off buying it !

It's agreat example of a Lakland BG and a great Precision Bass

Mark

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='166732' date='Mar 31 2008, 08:21 AM']Not being funny - but do you tell the rest of the band what instruments they should play?[/quote]

No offense taken and, no I don't - but then I'm fairly laid back and don't get anal about the sound too much.
Personally I like the sound but at the end of the day I need a backup that'll get used in the band context.

'Secondly, this is a great bass at a great price, don't let the fact that it's changed hands a couple of times recently put any one off buying it !

It's agreat example of a Lakland BG and a great Precision Bass'

Thanks Mark, at the end of the day if the bass doesn't go I'll probably 'Shukerise' it - rip out the Villex mods (and part out for selling) and look for something more standard 'P'. It plays well, is of good quality and is worth the spend, but at the end of the day I would be happy with a stock MIA Jazz so that'd be easier.

Cheers, Mart

Edited by martthebass

[b]I'd really like to buy OTPJ's S1 Jazz so if anyone would like to buy this very nice Bass.........................I'll reduce this to £500 for as long as OTPJ's Jazz is still available![/b]
I'll even throw in a set of new EB Slinkys if you don't like the flats :)

Edited by martthebass

Bump for new price. Please don't make me have to Px at Electro - Dave's giving crap trade in deals at the mo....

Oh, if this doesn't sell at this ridiculously low price can a Shuker fan out there give me a pm on approx costs for Shukerising (P bass standard type pup, Shuker circuit)? - its a good bass I don't mind spending some money on it to make it more suitable for the bands laid back sound.

Edited by martthebass