Why become a member? ×

Kylie Minogue - Body Language Live

Faithless

Hey guys,

Yesterday I've came across this spectacular Kylie's live performance in London, and I couldnt help myself stop listening to the whole gig, and bass-playing wise it was something else - full of tasty pop lines played on electric (Jazz Bass stands out most) and some wicked synth stuff ("Secret", "Slow") too.
Then there's "In Your Eyes", where verse is played on synth, and chorus on electric, so it's good for practice to switch between two. And check out that pre-chorus reharmonization!!!!!

I was trying to find out who played bass on this show, but I couldnt find anything particular other than her usual bassplayers' name like Steve Lewison (Simply Red), Jenni Tarma and Phil Spalding).

In addition, during the last tune Kylie asks audience to thank the 'guys in the band' and mentions "James, Andrew, Chris and Steve". I've checked Steve Lewison's credits, but he didnt seem to play on this.

Any thoughts?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTTQUFZgGg[/media]

Edited by Faithless

[quote name='Faithless' timestamp='1323164880' post='1459870']
"James, Andrew, Chris and Steve". I've checked Steve Lewison's credits, but he didnt seem to play on this.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTTQUFZgGg[/media]
[/quote]

A keyboard player i worked with a few times was MD and played keys for her on a few tours.
His name was Steve Turner - so that might be the 'Steve'

Yep, some good Synth/E Bass on the videos.

Garry

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1323168635' post='1459941']
A keyboard player i worked with a few times was MD and played keys for her on a few tours.
His name was Steve Turner - so that might be the 'Steve'

Yep, some good Synth/E Bass on the videos.

Garry
[/quote]

I've used Steve as Dep a few times..... he is a stunning keys player. I remember the first time he played.... he turned up with this proper rubbish monitoring set up... and I thought oh god... but he absolutely blew me away with his playing and also his insight into using the correct settings for what was required on short notice.

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1323168853' post='1459944']
I've used Steve as Dep a few times..... he is a stunning keys player. I remember the first time he played.... he turned up with this proper rubbish monitoring set up... and I thought oh god... but he absolutely blew me away with his playing and also his insight into using the correct settings for what was required on short notice.
[/quote]

Yer he is a great player, i used to work with him quite a lot on various things. But i have not seen him for about 5 years.
Although he did contact me through linkedin not so long back.

Quite a CV has Steve. [And quite a set of listening ears as well]
[url="http://www.myspace.com/steveturnerkeys"]http://www.myspace.com/steveturnerkeys[/url]

Garry

Edited by lowdown

Found this by accident, it's taken from Kylie's "On A Night Like This Tour":
[b] Band[/b]

Drums: Andrew Small
Percussion: James Mack
Keyboards: Steve Turner
Guitar: James Hayton
Bass: Chris Brown

Seems to be the same band, but probably with percussion out, as I couldnt hear any throughout the gig.
And, yeah, it's a bit distracting to watch Kylie's videos :) that's why you want to get MP3 and stick with that, guys :)

And check out "Spinning Around" from this very gig - some crazy fast 16th note stuff!! Killin!

Saw her on the X and Afrodite tours - two of the best gigs I've ever been to. Production, staging, arrangements, music and performances all absolutely top drawer. What's really good is that all the current material is performed as the album. All the back catalogue is completely re-arranged for the tour.