Why become a member? ×

Fender 1960 Jazz

uke

Most people usually make their first sale on Ebay with something small and inexpensive, but hey, not this person!
They also used the "we" line, so is it owned by more than one person ?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960-Fender-Jazz-Bass-Guitar-Stacked-Pot-Knobs-/220898188442?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item336e8edc9a"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960-Fender-Jazz-Bass-Guitar-Stacked-Pot-Knobs-/220898188442?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item336e8edc9a[/url]

Edited by uke

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1321826838' post='1443605']
Didn't they start making Jazzes in '62?
[/quote]

I think technically the first, and possibly only one from that year, was finished in 1959 & is owned by Herbie Flowers.

1960 was the official first year of production.

[quote name='cardinaljay' timestamp='1321826045' post='1443592']
They're not far from you - go see it and offer them £100. There's a few scratches on it, so I figure £100 is about right.
[/quote]
My first Jazz was a 63, and it cost me £100 in 1979! So I guess that would be about right! :)

[quote name='rapscallion' timestamp='1321872213' post='1443801']
The sunburst looks dreadful, I've never seen a Fender body that dark by the edges.
[/quote]

The picture is definitely of a real 1960, this dark edged burst is very common on 1960 Jazz basses, almost all original '60 sunburst jazzes i've seen are like this, they fade to an almost 2-tone appearance. (See examples below for reference)

Is the auction real............yeah right!! Has all the signs to avoid, zero feedback, especially rare item, poorly described, almost no pictures, starting price of £1, and no replies to questions.

[attachment=93542:1960-fender-jazz-bass-feb00071.jpg]

[attachment=93543:17054-12.jpg]

[attachment=93544:fender-jazz-bass-1960.jpg]

[attachment=93545:StreamImage.jpg]

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1321914957' post='1444477']
The picture is definitely of a real 1960, this dark edged burst is very common on 1960 Jazz basses, almost all original '60 sunburst jazzes i've seen are like this, they fade to an almost 2-tone appearance. (See examples below for reference)

Is the auction real............yeah right!! Has all the signs to avoid, zero feedback, especially rare item, poorly described, almost no pictures, starting price of £1, and no replies to questions.
[/quote]

+1
Pictures are legit for sure - but just lifted from somewhere else on the web...
But the auction, of course, is for comedy value only! :)

[quote name='rapscallion' timestamp='1321872213' post='1443801']
The sunburst looks dreadful, I've never seen a Fender body that dark by the edges.
[/quote]

The early productiosn were very close to two-tone. I reckon that bass in the pic is a real one, but I'm not sure that this seller has it. That decking looks familiar. John from Bravewood photographs his basses on such decking. Must go look.