Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk Elwood bass.

bobpalt

I have just this morning taken delivery of a new Elwood active bass, and whilst I cant say a great deal about it until after Christmas (its my present from my wife, Sue, and she has taken it away and hidden it now!), I have to say that I am really impressed (especially when the price is factored in).

I ordered a semi-custom 32" scale active Jazz type, in baby pink with a maple fingerboard, Delano pickups and a Glockenklang preamp with passive override. The order went in only 5 weeks ago, I paid half (of very little) up front. the other half last week, and Adrian at Marusczyk was a pleasure to deal with. Its a very light bass, looks great, sounds excellent, seems very well made indeed and exactly as I ordered, and came with a free (superb) leather strap, very good gig bag and a cd of Adrian's band!

I cant answer any detailed questions, as I said, I had 10 minutes to play her and she was whipped away until Christmas, but I couldnt find anything whatsoever to criticize. I have one photo, sent to me by Adrian on completion, which I will try to upload here.

[attachment=93240:Maruszczyk bass.jpg]

Edited by bobpalt

Yup thats not just pink, it's [size=6]PIIIIIIIIINNNNKKKK!!!!!!!![/size]
[size=6][size=2][size=3][size=4]Very nice though :)[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=2][size=3][size=4]If Mrs 'crip played it would be that colour[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=2][size=3][size=4]Andy[/size][/size][/size][/size]

Nice, I've been keeping an eye on those Marusczyk basses for a while now, and Adrian is a really sound guy too.
I'd love to try out one of their basses, in fact a lot of them.
They do a wide range of styles with a lot of custom/semi-custom options at very decent prices!
I believe they'll be at next year's London Bass Show, or whatever it's called.

Bet Christmas can't come soon enough mate :)

Eude

[quote name='derrenleepoole' timestamp='1321450934' post='1439268']
Oh, that is lovely... I so want a 30" Elwood Jazz. You're lucky man. Enjoy :)
[/quote]

Me too!
Adrian said they'd even consider a 30" Elwood Jazz 6 string!
They've not done one yet but are sure it would be possible...

Eude

I did think of getting a 30" scale, but thought it best to split the difference and go for a 32". It felt really nice and easy to play in the 10 minutes I had! I know where its hidden, so could probably sneak a play anytime Sue is at work to be honest, but Father Christmas might cancel all my other presents for being a naughty boy..........

[quote name='bobpalt' timestamp='1321452511' post='1439305']
I did think of getting a 30" scale, but thought it best to split the difference and go for a 32". It felt really nice and easy to play in the 10 minutes I had! I know where its hidden, so could probably sneak a play anytime Sue is at work to be honest, but Father Christmas might cancel all my other presents for being a naughty boy..........
[/quote]

Best play it safe mate, don't incur the wrath of 'Claus... :)

Nice looking bass, congrats! Christmas isnt too far away. I have to say I have just ben on the Maruszczyk website and some of teh Jazzes look incredible, really need to try one and the prices are crazy for what your getting and some great options too. Glad I popped in on this post.

• 3 weeks later...

Just sneaked another look at my (not very well hidden) Christmas present, and I have to say, I cant find fault with it. For the price, its unbelievable quality and value, and if I had wanted fancy extras, they could have been added for very little. I cant wait till Christmas, so I can use it in anger!

Already, I'm thinking of getting a Jake (P Bass) and a Tele Bass................

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from a newbie.
I've had three Elwood (4 and 5 strings) and I'm waiting for the 4º. Totally professional and components and finished first. Dealing with Adrian is great and makes you very easy things, advising on all the time.
Congratulations for the "pink"!

• 4 weeks later...