Why become a member? ×

Sold Pending - Sadowsky NYC Vintage J (with P/J and JJ option) - Daphne Blue, immaculate - £2050

lozbass

Price now dropped to £2050 (collection in Manchester)

Sadowsky NYC vintage J with Nordstrand P/J and Sadowsky JJ options (Sadowsky pickups included). Absolutely immaculate and blemish-free - just about three and a half years old but un-gigged and unrehearsed. I picked this up as part of a 3 way deal and don't need it - I'm only keeping one full-scale bass as I play short-scales almost exclusively.

Some details:
Daphne blue finish - deep colour
Matching headstock
Brazilian rosewood board
P/J or JJ option (spare guard and spare set of entirely unused Sadowsky JJ pickups)
Supplied with brand new, satin and bevelled Nordstrand P and J pickup covers - expensive but lovely - on their way from the US now
Recent set-up with 40-100 nickels (tweaked by Andy Trav and plays beautifully - very low action and great compliance)
Hipshot detuner
Original hard case (used by Sadowsky for shipping from the US)
All paperwork and unused case candy

Collection from central Manchester or ship to UK, most of Europe and the US at cost.

Price is a firm £2050 - this bass would cost well over £3600 to import from the US. Indeed, at the current price it's a bargain - for the same as a new Metro, you're getting a very high-spec. NYC in immaculate, as new condition. The case is in excellent condition too with just a couple of scuffs on the corners.

Please just ask for any further details. I'll try to get some recent images up on Monday. Original ads for previous sales are here (Mark, Dan, hope this is OK!):

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/134958-sold-sadowsky-nyc-pj4-daphne-blue/page__hl__sadowsky+daphne__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/142539-nyc-sadowsky-vintage-4-traded/page__hl__sadowsky+daphne__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

Edited by lozbass

This bass is lovely - I had it for the day when Loz left it with me, and had a good bit of time playing it once i'd tweaked it for him.

The bass just screams quality, and there are plenty of sounds to be had from it.

Loz and I seem to have similar tastes (I bought the Jazz in my Avatar from him!) and to be fair, £2100 is bang on for this (if not a bit cheap Loz?), not even considering the pickup/pickguard options included!

As ever he bought it to me just as I was £2100 short, would love to own this bass!

Anyhow, best of luck Loz, see you soon.

[quote name='Alanbass' timestamp='1319399919' post='1413743']
Hi, Can you tell me what year the Sadowsky was born in? I ntoiced that it has the old style neck plate so I'm guessing it must be at least 3 years old - is that right?
[/quote]
Thanks and apologies - I realise that I'd missed the age in my original ad (now corrected) - the bass is about three and a half years old - as far as I know, it was delivered around April/May '08. It looks almost unplayed - as far as I know, it hasn't been gigged or rehearsed, just gentle play at home. I've been over the bass extremely carefully and it's entirely as new - there was a tiny blemish in the lacquer at the end of the headstock (two mm long and about two hairsbreadth wide and deep) - I had this drop filled and polished back to invisibility. To do so was well over the top - it was virtually unfindable and only visible with careful scrutiny in the right light anyway. I just want to be perfectly up-front. I think that anybody would be massively impressed - this really is like a brand new bass

Edited by lozbass

HI Norwood-1 - sorry, as far as I know there are no clips available (and I don't have the facility to record). If I can find a way to sort this out, I'll get something down (however, given workload, it's unlikely to be this week). Photographs later if I can borrow a camera!

Hi all, thanks for the very kind comments - this is a rather lovely bass - wish I had a use for it!

In response to some requests for information, shipping to France or Germany with DHL should be around €35-40 (for a 1-3 day service without insurance). I'd suspect that you can add around €30 for insurance to full value (though I haven't checked this).

Shipping within the UK should be around £20-25 for a next day or two-day service, again without insurance.

I hope this helps

[quote name='phsycoandy' timestamp='1319554487' post='1415710']
I wish :)

Trades?
[/quote]
I hadn't really thought about trades as I'm trying to reduce (fairly seriously) the number of basses that I have around. To be honest, I think the only thing to pique my interest would be all original pre CBS Js or Alembic SIIs (both with an adjustment from me obviously)

Back into the public eye - the Wal has gone so it's time to concentrate on selling this. I played it for 5 minutes on Tuesday and it really is rather lovely. Apologies for the lack of new images - I'm around the office on Friday and will try to get some then

Again, thanks for all the very kind comments - apologies again too for the lack of original images. I'm away for a couple of days but will try to sort something on Wednesday (unless there's interest from the South today - I'm in Milton Keynes then London in the next few days).