Why become a member? ×

Scottish Bass Bash?

Shawman

• 3 weeks later...

My two cents...

Pick a date, book it then promote the sh*t outta it on here. If the question of when suits is asked most people wont really know if they can make it until closer the time with a few exceptions of weddings, bar mitsvahs and the like.

Be bold, be brave :) Book it and they will come.

Edited by krispn

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1319724422' post='1417769']
I'm getting married on the 22nd of April & then off on honeymoon & back late May.
[/quote]

And we will never hear or see you again. :) :)

Best thing you will ever do. enjoy the big day when it comes round.

Cheers
Dave :)

Do you think there would be enough interest in Scotland for one. ?
Went to Moffat one earlier this year and it was excellent and had a great day but it didn't appear to be immensely busy.
There were plenty of people there but not crowded.
I don't mean that as a bad thing because quite honestly it allowed you to browse and chat and generally enjoy the relaxed feel of the day.
Surely we should fully support the existing Scottish venue that Alan has worked hard to put in place before working on a new one.
Certainly Moffat isn't central but then again its as close to central belt as Perth in travel time circa 1hr - ish from Glasgow area which i think is similar to Perth from Galsgow.

Personally i love Perth as a venue for anything since attending the Harley Davidson bike rally few yrs back. Lots to do there if you make a weekend of it and the city seems to be open to new ventures.

I will hopefully get to Moffat again next year and show my support for what is a very well organised event.
All credit to Alan and the guys who set it up.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

true, it wasn't my intention to take the limelight for scottish bass bashing, i was just genuinely unaware that there was one running. i'll be doing my best to make it along to the Moffatt one, but would also like wee bit of a "return leg" as would give people with no transpor for Moffatt more of a chance to make it along.

you host us, we host you in return way a dain ken

I'd love to go to the Moffat Bash. Hopefully sometime, but it's quite a trek from here (I know there's folk that travel further).

One up this way would get more of the locals out who can't stay away overnight & there seems to be quite a few Central bassists on here now & with the M9 at Glasgow now upgraded, takes no time at all.

It is about an hour and a half to Moffat from Perth. My brother lives there so I have made the trip many times. Pretty much motorway door to door. Moffat is 2 miles from the 74 so less than an hour from Glasgow and a shade more from Edinburgh. To be honest this is the first year there has been as much interest from here as there has been south of the border. We have guys coming up from as far as Bristol. If you want numbers I suggest you sort something out in the central belt. In my experience if it is not on the doorstep people seem very reluctant to travel any distance in this part of the world. If you sort out something in Perth I should be able to make it.

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1321653868' post='1441792']
Moffat? For a Scottish Bass Bash?! Well, I thought Moffat was only 330 yrds North from England? I really think that the Genuine Scottish Bass Bash should be held in a place heaving with Scotsfolk, IMHO that would be in the 'Flying Scotsman' on York Road, adjacent to Kings Cross Station, London. :)
[/quote]

:) :o :)

Are there any true Englishmen still living in London ?

Dave

• 1 month later...

I don't drive a car, so a perth/dundee bash would be easier for me to get to from Edinburgh, just better train and bus services. If it was abit later in the year I'd take the bike to Moffat, but then I couldn't take a bass.

... What actually happens at a bass bash?

But aye, being from Lanarkshire, Moffat is a much safer option for me than Perth kinda way to be honest.

First 'weekend' in February? That'd be a 2 day event then? I'm otherwise engaged the Saturday of that weekend but I'd love to attend if it's still happening on the Sunday!

HI
Just to remind everyone that we are now less than a month away from the Moffat Bass Bash. This is a ticket only event no pay on the day I am afraid so please keep that in mind. Ticket sales are open until the Friday before the event or until sold out which ever comes first. As always first come first served.

Cheers
Alan

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='AndyBob09' timestamp='1325851483' post='1488680']
... What actually happens at a bass bash?

But aye, being from Lanarkshire, Moffat is a much safer option for me than Perth kinda way to be honest.

First 'weekend' in February? That'd be a 2 day event then? I'm otherwise engaged the Saturday of that weekend but I'd love to attend if it's still happening on the Sunday!
[/quote]

The Sunday is the main day i think. Sure the website gives exact details though