Why become a member? ×

Posting Pic's

richardd

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1318084268' post='1397942']
It's a pain, isn't it.

I had to put the img tags in manually link to a picture. Not exactly the biggest problem in the world but something that's needless when it should work seemlessly.
[/quote]

I was having problems with my post above because I asked "do you mean using the

I think I've only tried to link to a picture the once since we got the new forum software, and it wasn't having it at all using the image button. Worked fine using the img tags, but some people aren't au fait with using tags and in any case if the (what is a fairly basic) function exists, it should work

[quote name='Dubs' timestamp='1318084182' post='1397941']

Works fine for me...
[/quote]
That's cheating! :)

Using an external image host like Photobucket is best IMO.

That way you don't fill up the Basschat server with unnecessary clutter that slows it down and displays really badly.

Also no mucking about with code (although it's hardly difficult) is required as you simply copy the IMG code from Photobucket and paste into your post. Job done.

It's generally considered to be poor internet etiquette to "hot link" images, and some sites won't allow you to do this which might have been your problem.

What you should do is to copy the image to your own site (or image hosting account) and link from there. Also that way your linked images won't disappear when the original site takes them down/renames them/changes the URL.

Edited by BigRedX

In the old site I used to add them from my PC, new site doesn't allow that, that is probably Rich's problem.
The only way I've found to put pics up now is to upload them from my PC to a photo site like Photo*ucket and the then to copy and paste the img address under the pic into your text thread. Works for me:

[IMG]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/tomjuly22/IMG_7690.jpg[/IMG]

My better half in front of the cool wall.

• 5 months later...