Why become a member? ×

Extra power socket in all pubs

arthurhenry

Good! I used the one in my local during the riots, as all the local shops were closed. £7.50 for SIXTEEN tiny fags which were dry and crumbly and tasted like they'd been in the machine for ten years. Which they probably had. No loss!

PS: Don't do drugs, kids.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1317458298' post='1390847']Good! I used the one in my local during the riots, as all the local shops were closed. £7.50 for SIXTEEN tiny fags which were dry and crumbly and tasted like they'd been in the machine for ten years. Which they probably had. No loss! PS: Don't do drugs, kids.[/quote]

I thought that's just what fags in general tasted like?

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#222222]The cigarette machine socket was the only one you could easily guarantee wasn't connected to the sound metering system!![/color][/font][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font]

[quote name='Soliloquy' timestamp='1317559137' post='1391737']
I really used to hate getting back from a gig stinking of stale cigarette smoke. Then the following morning unpacking my gear to find that too stank of stale cigarette smoke.

It's soooooo nice now it's banned in pubs etc.
[/quote]

Yes, in general and overall I agree but cigarette smoke did mask other smells
Once the ban came along the smell of mouldy furnishings and other unsavoury things became apparent.
Especially the band...

[quote name='Soliloquy' timestamp='1317559137' post='1391737']
I really used to hate getting back from a gig stinking of stale cigarette smoke. Then the following morning unpacking my gear to find that too stank of stale cigarette smoke.

It's soooooo nice now it's banned in pubs etc.
[/quote]
Just a shame that there's no bleedin' audience now!