Why become a member? ×

Adding photo to profile

paul j h

Hi all, i suspect it's me being thick but, i can't add my photo to my profile, i have tried about half a dozen times now, with no joy. Can someone spell out idiots guide on how to do it,i suspect i have missed something really simple. Thanks in advance for your help, please be gentle. Cheers. Paul.

I'm also having difficulty changing mine - the picture I'm stuck with was my 'profile' pic on the old BC, not my avatar. I'd updated my new BC settings to sync my facebook picture - this was appearing with my profile but not my posts. I've tried to upload a new picture from my PC instead, with the same results.

Am I to be saddled with that gormless picture from 4 years ago being next to my posts forever? :)

Like Mr 257, my avatar of a line of power valves was replaced by my profile photo (and who wants that gormless, smug twat staring back at you all the time...?).

Eventually I managed to change the photo back by persisting but strangely, my profile photo is still my avatar when using my iphone.....

Wassat all about then? :)

Slowly losing the will to live with this now.....

Tried Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome and can't set a profile pic on any of them. In fact all I've done is manage to lose my old pic!

Tried clearing the cache and everything else I can think of. Anyone got any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked at the board settings and everything should be ok. Cropping is set for user adjustment (not auto). Following photo url extensions are allowed - .gif .jpg .jpeg .png

It seems to work for me ok, so I'm a bit stumped! Clearing cache is a good think to do, as is flushing your dns as the new forum software has restructured the website and the info stored on your pc's may be pointing to the wrong place.

Ummmmmmm - [thoughtful beard stroking mode] - When I view this site from work on IE none of the profile pics next to posts look right to me and user names and member title overlap each other.

Could it be a browser issue? - What are you guys using?

The cropping is done with a javascript, so maybe a Java issue - check you are up to date - [url="http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp"]http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp[/url]

[/thoughtful beard stroking mode]