Why become a member? ×

SOLD Basses for sale

Grinnreaper

Due to an injury to my hand i am having to retire from playing. Doctor has said could be 5 years before full movement is restored , so am looking to move on my gear

So i have

1 musicman Stingray 2 band EQ in Antique sunburst, Maple neck and rosewood Fingerboard, Schaller straploks fitted comes with Musicman Hardcase, excellent condition looking for around £650 for it.

Also Crafter Fretless Electro Acoustic in Hard case Looking for £100 for this one

These Basses are in Wakefield and would prefer collection, however am willing to travel a reasonable distance to meet to find them a good home :) :huh:

If anyone requires any further info please pm me

Edited by Grinnreaper

Firstly mate I'm really sorry to hear of your injury to your hand. If its any comfort I had an accident back in 2000 when I had close to half of 3 fingers crushed off my left hand by some hydraulic rescue equipment. It took a while, maybe 2 1/2 to 3 years but I discovered (by accident, noodling in a music shop) that I could still play reasonably well. And with a bit of practice and adapting my left hand technique I now play Bass better than I did before. I don't know the extent of your injuries but I do know that its possible to overcome some pretty serious injuries. There's a guy on you tube (Bill Clements) who lost his right arm and he still plays (very well as it happens). I guess its like anything in life, if you want it badly enough you will succeed.

Stay positive and good luck.

Edited by zapp

[quote name='zapp' post='158082' date='Mar 15 2008, 05:26 PM']Firstly mate I'm really sorry to hear of your injury to your hand. If its any comfort I had an accident back in 2000 when I had close to half of 3 fingers crushed off my left hand by some hydraulic rescue equipment. It took a while, maybe 2 1/2 to 3 years but I discovered (by accident, noodling in a music shop) that I could still play reasonably well. And with a bit of practice and adapting my left hand technique I now play Bass better than I did before. I don't know the extent of your injuries but I do know that its possible to overcome some pretty serious injuries. There's a guy on you tube (Bill Clements) who lost his right arm and he still plays (very well as it happens). I guess its like anything in life, if you want it badly enough you will succeed.

Stay positive and good luck.[/quote]

Same here. I lost the knuckle of my ring finger on my left hand (boys will be boys) and had to have an artificial one. I had to adapt my playing style majorly after the op, but it's certainly do-able and I wish you the very best of luck.