Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Complete EA rig for sale. iAmp 800 and 2 of CXL112 cabs

GreeneKing

My old rig, an EA iAmp 800 (the model with the built in Sabine tuner) 4 EQ parametric in good and fully functional condition and two CXL 112 cabs (one is an EV and one a 'II' but they are both 8 ohm and have a tweeter and pair magnificently). The cabs are in very good condition too and include Roqsolid covers.

The head is currently in a Gator hard case as per the photo.

This rig functions superbly as is. The cabs actual impedance is less than 8 ohms, an EA anomaly that means that some heads can overheat or cut out (Markbass). The head goes down to 2 ohms so suits the cabs perfectly. This is one very articulately sounding rig for the bargain price of £600 collected. I can meet up or deliver a reasonable distance. I even have a spare concentric tweeter if I can lay a finger on it.

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='1359940' date='Sep 2 2011, 02:51 PM']None I can see :)[/quote]

Someone always writes this kind of thing and this is my turn. If I had not just spent almost twice this much on a 1x12" + Micro head rig I would be all over this like a bad rash. Gutted beyond.................. I used to gig one of these 12" cabs and they are just great.

Seems like a crazy price for something as nice as this!

If you were nearer to me I'd definitely go for it.

Used to run an EA combo 350 with one of these 1x12 as an extension cab. Sounded great and always confused the hell out of drummers who couldn't work out how so much bass came from such a compact rig, they were always looking for a hidden sub somewhere :)

[quote name='Merton' post='1360002' date='Sep 2 2011, 03:44 PM']I guess you're wanting to sell as a whole rather than split, Peter? Something rather alluring about those cabs....[/quote]

To be honest Martin yes it's easier to sell it together but with this rig the sum is definitely greater than the parts. I reckon that the impedance of the two 112's is nearer 2 ohms than 4 and the amp thrives on this.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='1360500' date='Sep 2 2011, 10:19 PM']To be honest Martin yes it's easier to sell it together but with this rig the sum is definitely greater than the parts. I reckon that the impedance of the two 112's is nearer 2 ohms than 4 and the amp thrives on this.

Peter[/quote]

I can confirm how good this rig sounds. I met up with Peter at Perry Towers one afternoon where this rig went through it's paces and it is sweet.
To me EA Cabs really bring the iAmp to life.
good luck with the sale Peter.

• 2 weeks later...