Why become a member? ×

Comedy ebay bids

tauzero

This should be interesting:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160216434611"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=160216434611[/url]

Definitely not one I could sneak in without it being noticed. The future Mrs Zero can not only count the number of strings on a bass, she even has some vague idea of the difference between fretted and fretless. I think that double the normal number of necks would have shown up on the radar...

Time to stick the Laney combo up on ebay, I think.

It depends how differently you string it. For example, you could have the 5 string tuned BEADG and then experiment with the 4 string as a piccolo bass (EADG an octave up). You could also put one of the necks in an open tuning (eg DADF#) or even use different strings on the two necks (eg. thumpy flats on the 5 string and zingy, lightweight slap-friendly ones on the 4).

Wulf

[quote name='Machines' post='157204' date='Mar 14 2008, 09:07 AM']Hmm a 4 and a 5 string, both fretted ? Might be worth defretting one neck..[/quote]
That's the intended route - it actually looks suspiciously similar to the H&S twin necks which are fretted 5 and fretless 4. It could well be why there wasn't much bidding, it is pretty pointless as it stands.

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='157358' date='Mar 14 2008, 12:53 PM']did you have a punt?
i can't believe the end price - obscenely cheap![/quote]
I'd already won it when I started the thread... :)

So that's two basses and a combo destined for the Bay, to keep my domestic karma up.

[quote name='tauzero' post='157443' date='Mar 14 2008, 02:36 PM']I'd already won it when I started the thread... :)

So that's two basses and a combo destined for the Bay, to keep my domestic karma up.[/quote]

Ho ho ..
Well at that price you can have fun without worrying,
Hang on, don't you already have a dodgy back? ...

So what are you selling?
:huh:

[quote name='tauzero' post='157131' date='Mar 14 2008, 01:18 AM']The future Mrs Zero can not only count the number of strings on a bass, she even has some vague idea of the difference between fretted and fretless[/quote]
You're very lucky in love :)
I'd love to have one of these but carrying it through doors can't be very easy, can it?

[quote name='OldGit' post='157462' date='Mar 14 2008, 02:55 PM']Ho ho ..
Well at that price you can have fun without worrying,
Hang on, don't you already have a dodgy back? ...

So what are you selling?
:)[/quote]

I suspect the weight won't be that much of a problem - I'm quite happy with the 7-string, after all...

There's a Keiper acoustic bass which has a rather high action - could do with bringing down a bit. Had to replace the original preamp and the new one goes in the other way round or the other way up.

There's also a bitsa bass with a sunburst body and Westfield Precision neck plus Wilkinson 5-string conversion, P and humbucker pickups. I still need to make a control cavity coverplate for it.

And the amp is a Laney DP150 4x10 combo.

I haven't bothered putting them up in For Sale as I somehow don't think there's going to be any interest in them.

[quote name='Soulfinger' post='157653' date='Mar 14 2008, 07:06 PM']I bet a custom gig bag for that beast willl cost you more than the bass. :)[/quote]
H&S - hard case for about the same price as the bass.

Or I get Kaz to sort me out a heavy-duty cardboard box to fit. That's what we've done with our mixer (which is just too big to fit into Flightcase Warehouse's cheapo mixer cases).