Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn.

NJE

Hello

For sale is my StingRay 5, born 7th may 2002 (according to musicmanbass.org) in blue pearl with matching headstock. The bass is in stunning condition, with only one very small mark that wouldn't show up in my pictures despite several attempts. It will come with the original MusicMan hard case.

It is an incredible bass, this is my first stingray 5 and I love it. The build quality is incredible, and it has a lovely feel, finish and most importantly the sounds are really fantastic. It cuts through a mix like nothing I have had before but, I am after a bass with 19mm Spacing as I find it more comfortable and have seen something I want so this needs to go sadly. If by any chance the other bass doesnt work out then I think this will end up staying and I will live with the string spacing.

I am after £900 or make me an offer. I may also consider a trade (plus cash to you) for a 5 String Sadowsky, Sei, GB or Overwater. I am happy to ship this via courier but we will need to discuss rates and I will need to get a quote. Happy to answer any questions or get you more pictures if need be.

Here are some pics:

[attachment=104660:Stingray_Front.jpg]
[attachment=104661:Stingray_Front_3.jpg]
[attachment=104662:Stingray_Full_back.jpg]
[attachment=104663:Stingray_Head.jpg]
[attachment=104659:Stingray_case.jpg]

Edited by NJE

This bass used to be mine..it doesnt just look good, it just blows your socks off with its tone.. it is a totally amazing instrument... one of the best i ever played..

Nath is more than a gent to deal with also...

Edited by bubinga5

Poor thing, she's a bit like the village bike! :) Cheers for the kind words, awesome bass and it really will take something very special to replace it. I have been playing it for the past two hours and I am questioning my sanity at selling it to be honest.

Don't do it! Everyone who has owned this bass has regretted selling it.....my first and only Stingray, ahhh happy memories -

Seriously though, to anyone looking to buy this it is a superb instrument with faultless construction

edit - just noticed you like the width of the Squier Deluxe jazz 5 (I used to have one) - I've not come across another 5'ver with as broad a neck at the nut so it might be tricky replicating that feel - I believe it's wider than a standard Fender jazz or precision 5... but there may be something out there.

Edited by MartyBRebelMC

• 1 month later...

[quote name='NJE' post='1319400' date='Jul 28 2011, 04:12 PM']Hello

For trade is my StingRay 5, born 7th may 2002 (according to musicmanbass.org) in blue pearl with matching headstock. The bass is in stunning condition, with only one very small mark that wouldn't show up in my pictures despite several attempts. It will come with the original MusicMan hard case.

I have been playing this solidly for several hours a day for about 6 months and dont find it as comfortable as my 19mm spaced Squier Jazz. It is an incredible bass, this is my first stingray 5 and I love it, the build, colour, feel, finish and most importantly sound are really fantastic.

It cuts through a mix like nothing I have had before. If I could get one or afford one I would put my name down for the new 19mm Stingray 5 limited run.

So I am after a 5 string with more than 17.5mm spacing and a fairly broad neck or Fender Custom Shop. Interested to hear any possible trade options, might be able to put some cash towards the right bass and will considder trade offers with cash my way.

No rush to shift this, the string spacing is not a massive problem but I figure it is worth looking for something nice with wider string spacing. Drop me a PM if you have any queries.

[attachment=85818:Stingray_Front.jpg]
[attachment=85819:Stingray_Head.jpg]
[attachment=85825:Stingray_case.jpg]
[attachment=85824:Stingray_Side.jpg]
[attachment=85823:Stingray_Full_back.jpg]
[attachment=85820:Stingray_Front_3.jpg]
[attachment=85821:Stingray_Front4.jpg]
[attachment=85822:Stingray_Head_back.jpg][/quote]

PM'd

Thanks for all of the PMs some really nice and tempting offers but nothing has stuck yet.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='1367230' date='Sep 9 2011, 02:23 AM']Hi, would you be interested in a Warwick Thumb BO (5 str)?
[url="https://picasaweb.google.com/106572846091439162015/Thumb?authkey=Gv1sRgCNqmgrDdmZnLHw#slideshow/5621485080458007970"]https://picasaweb.google.com/10657284609143...485080458007970[/url]

Cheers
Marco[/quote]

Thanks for the offer but I am not a big fan of Thumbs, much more of a Streamer man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...