Why become a member? ×

:O

JMT3781

Some of you will probably hate this band (and i can understand why lets not open that can of worms again lol) but i'm literally left speechless...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/dirtyloops#p/a/u/1/9p0liJrxyyM"]http://www.youtube.com/dirtyloops#p/a/u/1/9p0liJrxyyM[/url]

if only rihanna had played it like that when i saw her i wouldn't have fallen asleep lol :)

Guys voice is good though, kinda like stevie wonder mixed with JK i think

Edited by JMT3781

I didn't mind that at all to be honest. I think the singer is a Stevie Wonder stalker. However, he can sing. As you say Stevie / JK melange. Loved the drummer. Bass player? can obviously play, and a bit of posing never caused any trouble did it?

I general, I liked it.

Ain't wrecked braa, bin workin!

If you want an example of when technique ends and music begins, this is a superb one! Their vibe is incredible!

The Just Dance vid is seriously bollock expanding. I just wanted to get straight on my drum kit and play along! Such a f***ing shame I'm selling it tomorrow. Found out I am developing arthritis and the impact on my fingers of playing kit is making playing guitar and bass painful.

Anyways, I adore these guys, they shine like diamonds in a beach of dull pebbles.

[quote name='silddx' post='1318858' date='Jul 27 2011, 11:54 PM']Ain't wrecked braa, bin workin!

If you want an example of when technique ends and music begins, this is a superb one! Their vibe is incredible!

The Just Dance vid is seriously bollock expanding. I just wanted to get straight on my drum kit and play along! Such a f***ing shame I'm selling it tomorrow. Found out I am developing arthritis and the impact on my fingers of playing kit is making playing guitar and bass painful.

Anyways, I adore these guys, they shine like diamonds in a beach of dull pebbles.[/quote]Fair play fella.

Amazing! absolutely loved that and i want to see more. What a player, really good tasteful slap and great sound too. I want a TRB now, surely buying one will make me play like that? No, oh well.

A lot of talent there, but as a whole, it doesn't quite work for me. Instrumentally, great fusiony stuff which imo would sit well under some crazy horns, rather than a very poppy voice. Likewise, i think the vocals would be better suited to a pop setting. Maybe that mix is what mak[i][/i]es them stand out, it just doesn't work for me.

[quote name='silddx' post='1318858' date='Jul 27 2011, 11:54 PM']....

....[/quote]

Sorry to go off topic folks, but have you checked your technique holding the drumsticks? On a kit with rubber pads your technique has to be really good or you'll end up with all sorts of pain, it's not quite so bad on mesh heads but still important. It might be worth getting a few drum lessons and focussing on the hands before giving up and selling the kit.

Drumstick material can make a big difference to the amount of shock that gets transferred into your hands, definitely stay away from carbon sticks or extra tough sticks!

Edited by Fat Rich

[quote name='Fat Rich' post='1319155' date='Jul 28 2011, 11:34 AM']Sorry to go off topic folks, but have you checked your technique holding the drumsticks? On a kit with rubber pads your technique has to be really good or you'll end up with all sorts of pain, it's not quite so bad on mesh heads but still important. It might be worth getting a few drum lessons and focussing on the hands before giving up and selling the kit.

Drumstick material can make a big difference to the amount of shock that gets transferred into your hands, definitely stay away from carbon sticks or extra tough sticks![/quote]
Really appreciate that, Rich, thanks!

I have had my drummers check my technique and they seem to think it's ok. The problem is, I play kit for fun, and a big part of that fun is the physical aspect of hitting them fairly hard :) I have no ambition to be anything but a home player, and I'll just get frustrated having the kit around if I can't really have a good crack on them. And the money will be useful too.

Thanks again.
N

[quote name='silddx' post='1319188' date='Jul 28 2011, 11:59 AM']Really appreciate that, Rich, thanks!

I have had my drummers check my technique and they seem to think it's ok. The problem is, I play kit for fun, and a big part of that fun is the physical aspect of hitting them fairly hard :) I have no ambition to be anything but a home player, and I'll just get frustrated having the kit around if I can't really have a good crack on them. And the money will be useful too.

Thanks again.
N[/quote]

No worries, just thought I'd better mention it!

dirtyloops is good but just a couple of odd occasions where it seems like theyre throwing in just that little bit too much syncopation and trying to be too clever - and nobody likes a smarty pants do they

but on the whole very slick and good technical playing all round - jolly well done 8/10

but anybody who can play bass like that with a straight face in their underpants takes the prize im afraid

cardiacs win - no contest! :)

[quote name='steve-bbb' post='1319206' date='Jul 28 2011, 12:21 PM']dirtyloops is good but just a couple of odd occasions where it seems like theyre throwing in just that little bit too much syncopation and trying to be too clever - [b]and nobody likes a smarty pants do they[/b]

but on the whole very slick and good technical playing all round - jolly well done 8/10

but anybody who can play bass like that with a straight face in their underpants takes the prize im afraid

cardiacs win - no contest! :)[/quote]
Yes they do. There are many Jaco fans among us.

[quote name='steve-bbb' post='1319206' date='Jul 28 2011, 12:21 PM']dirtyloops is good but just a couple of odd occasions where it seems like theyre throwing in just that little bit too much syncopation and trying to be too clever - and nobody likes a smarty pants do they[/quote]

I agree. The melody of the song (that's what it is is, yeah?) is lost trying to fit it round all the syncopation. It grooves, but a bit w*anky for my liking and sounds a bit like a flashy demo on a posh keyboard.

Edited by danhkr

[quote name='danhkr' post='1319261' date='Jul 28 2011, 01:09 PM']I agree. The melody of the song (that's what it is is, yeah?) is lost trying to fit it round all the syncopation. It groves, but a bit w*anky for my liking and sounds a bit like a flashy demo on a posh keyboard.[/quote]

Blimey, I actually thought that but did not want to say. Glad I am not the only one.