Why become a member? ×

Rubber washers for strap locks

Len_derby

I don't know about you guys n' gals , but bottles of Grolsch with the rubber washers on have become very difficult to find around my way.
Anyway, ALDI supermarkets are selling one litre glass water bottles for £1.49. These have a lid mechanism very similar to the Grolsch, with a white rubber washer that's just the job for keeping a strap in place.
That's nearly £3 for a pair of washers, but it's still cheaper than the Dunlop or Schaller route.
Plus you'll have a couple of nice glass bottles that can be used for flower arranging. storing moonshine or making Molotov cocktails. :)

[quote name='toneknob' post='1315647' date='Jul 25 2011, 12:55 PM']Grolsch bottle washers make the best straplocks ever. The newer ones are more plasticky, the older ones are more rubbery and a bit better. Lidl do them as well as far as I remember.[/quote]
Ah yes, the vintage Grolsch strap locks - definitely better than the current models. Must be the mojo. :)

[quote name='Len_derby' post='1315588' date='Jul 25 2011, 12:00 PM']I don't know about you guys n' gals , but bottles of Grolsch with the rubber washers on have become very difficult to find around my way.
Anyway, ALDI supermarkets are selling one litre glass water bottles for £1.49. These have a lid mechanism very similar to the Grolsch, with a white rubber washer that's just the job for keeping a strap in place.
That's nearly £3 for a pair of washers, but it's still cheaper than the Dunlop or Schaller route.
Plus you'll have a couple of nice glass bottles that can be used for flower arranging. storing moonshine or making Molotov cocktails. :)[/quote]

Try Asda, at £1.76 per bottle would you rather have the beer or the water?