Why become a member? ×

Purple-Chili new 750w bass head

crez5150

Have seen this from mike.... I'll try and get some more info from him...

Here's a quick pic' of the new 750w Purple-Chili bass head. There is also a 450w version available. It has 3 X 12AX7 tubes in the pre, and a pure class 'D' digital power stage with a switched mode power supply. It also sports a full tube driven "Balanced" Line out on the back, as well as a choice of "Speakon" or jack outs. It is also designed to run down to 2 Ohm loads without any problems. At 2 Ohms expect wattages of over 1Kw !!!!!!!!!

Edited by crez5150

Mike said

"The head is all "Hand Made" point to point on the pre-amp with 3 X 12AX7 tubes. At the moment I have five sold, and they are going through the workshop as we speak.

1) The 450w comes in at 8 Kg's and the 750w is 8.3 Kg's.
2) They are currently available direct (made to order) or will be in the retail stores by the end of Sept' this year.
3) The 450w is £1,249.00 Retail and the 750w is £1,349.00 Retail."

Edited by owen

very nice! I expect it looks freakin awesome with a couple of PC cabs. I'd love a head looking like this that was effectively micro (or at least smaller) size but this Hiwatt, Marshall shape. I hoped the new Markbass TTE 500 head was a bit smaller and lighter than the usual.

I'm pretty curious about what class D module they're using for this, as - AFAIK - 2-ohm capability for the OEM modules GB and MB uses is not very common (in fact, I can't recall any of their amps working at 2ohms at all). Presumably some kind of 'off the shelf' class D module is also used in these amps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bassman7755

[quote name='sk8' post='1336411' date='Aug 11 2011, 01:48 PM']Get my amp friday. Gig with it saturday :)[/quote]

... post review on basschat sunday, we will all be waiting, dont let us down :-).