Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics BH500 rigs going cheap!!

secretsquirrel

It gets worse: I called guitarguitar again this morning as I hadn't heard a peep since the guy on Monday afternoon said he would part deliver.

It turns out that nothing has been dispatched since Monday. I don't know what they were waiting for but seems they were just twiddling their thumbs! I've now been promised that the whole stack will be dispatched today, and I'll be emailed a tracking number, and it will arrive tomorrow.

Should have ordered from Thomann. :)

Edited by allighatt0r

I have the BH500 and the 410 - excellent value altho doesn't get gigged as my Bassman always does the job best.

I got it as a back up and have used it in earnest in rehearsal - couldn't really fault it - plenty of power and bottom end. Not sure why these haven't taken off in the way the 450 and 750 have

The 410 cab pairs up sweetly with the Bassman.

Bought from Mark at Bass Direct.

This deal seems to good to be true.
I'm thinking of taking the plunge, but what would be peoples advice on the best cab option.
I notice peoples opinions on mixing cone sizes, so was thinking of going for two lots of the 2x12's.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi I'm Bruce Davidson the UK sales manager for the TC Group

I've been following the forum for quite a while but thought it was about time I introduced myself on here.

Just a couple of points relating to this thread to clarify some things...

[quote name='phatbass787' post='1293552' date='Jul 5 2011, 04:14 PM']Yup looks like TC have had trouble shifting em, cant see crazy deals like this being done otherwise[/quote]

Not at all. Despite the group selling products for nearly 80 years (and guitar based products since 1976) we’ve only been in the bass amp market since 2009. This promo is all about a test of grabbing market share during err… how can I put it… a “quieter” period of our company year :lol:

We have already done well of sales on these but as we have the capacity it was thought of a nice way to do this so more bass players could benefit from our amp technology.

Plus this has the added bonus (for us) of getting our kit out there in more performance venues, pubs, clubs etc.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1295699' date='Jul 7 2011, 09:53 AM']Seriously cheap rigs! I think TCs main sales is in the RH/RS range, so maybe this
larger range didnt work out?[/quote]

No disrespect meant here Gareth but second guessing that here is simply not the case at all I’m afraid. As I’ve said it’s all about a grab of market share in a different way to just advertising.

We knew that when we launched our BH range of amplification it wouldn’t always appeal to a large proportion the original segment of players who are buying our RH rigs – small & lightweight is the order of the day for most around here let’s face it.

Couple of things to consider…

Remember in a stage environment the vast majority of up and coming players who are looking for their next rig purchase in all honesty want something that isn’t small and is more “impressive looking”. Despite the fact that a lot of us on here who have gigged for years now want small and compact (I wouldn’t go back to the huge amount of kit I used to gig with now!! :) ) that still isn’t the case for a lot of players.

Lightweight, small and high quality isn’t an inexpensive option. Not all players (even more in the up and coming category) necessarily have the budget to afford the compact lightweight high end stuff; which is where our BH range fits the bill here too.

Hopefully this explains this one a bit better, the sale through has been amazing already and stocks are running low; I guess it’s only a short time before we pull the offer to be honest.

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='1310034' date='Jul 20 2011, 10:25 AM']It gets worse: I called guitarguitar again this morning as I hadn't heard a peep since the guy on Monday afternoon said he would part deliver.[/quote]

Sorry you’ve had an issue with Guitar Guitar allighatt0r. They simply ran out of stock faster than they could handle when the deal started.
The company is certainly not going anywhere what with just opening their huge Epsom branch! In fact if you don’t know the guys behind it were the original Sound Control people (before the big expansion).

I’ve had a chat with them about this, they are a nice bunch of chaps there and I’m sure we can sort something out for you to make you feel happy :) Please PM me your name and address.

I thought I would take the plunge and grab this offer while I could.

So, on monday night I looked around a few websites, Guitarguitar, GAK, Bassdirect etc etc......

Emailed Guitarguitar and GAK about availability....tuesday got home from work and an email from GAK explaining to phone them and the order would get sorted.

Sooooo, wednesday 10 am I duly phoned GAK.....today (thursday) at 12pm the whole thing arrived at my door.....excellent service

I hasten to add....Im still awaiting a reply from Guitarguitar about my original email!!

Only tried it in the house so far but it seems a really nice warm rich sound...cant wait till I get it in the studio on saturday.

Anybody got any views on these rigs.... I'm serioulsy thinking about a bigger rig at the moment. I play a lot of Slap.......... (awaits slagging match) and have not had chance to try one of these yet but am thinking about getting the BH500, 4x10,2x10 deal.... that would cover a lot of bases for me.

J

On the brink of ordering one now.
Just can't decide between two lots of the 2x12, or a 2x10 and a 2x12.
I've never played through a 12" speaker before and I wan't the usual. A rig that can handle the lows and snappy highs. But at the same time I'm worried what some say about mixing speaker sizes.
Do i go with the 2x10 to hit the highs, or will the two lots of 2x12's cover it.

Cheers guys

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend the following mod to the BCs and any other cabs with rubber feet;

Remove the rubber feet and fit Gallien Krueger cabinet corners to help move them about when loading or unloading, the rubber feet made life difficult for me as I had to keep lifting the cabs a lot more to position them in the car and when moving them at a gig, the GK corners allow a nice easy slide, I have to store my cabs in a low cupboard and have an inch to spare in height so this made a big difference as you can imagine !

[url="http://www.beyerdynamiconline.com/Product.asp?Prd=100%2D0088%2DA"]http://www.beyerdynamiconline.com/Product....=100%2D0088%2DA[/url]

Got mine back in may before the deal with getting the free cab...bugger...

Here's my review of it from when I first got it from Andertons and some additional info now I've gigged it!

Had a good half hour to play around with the various settings on this amp and was impressed with how good my bass sounded through it, not a transparent sound as such, the amp does have it's own sound so to speak but I could definitely hear more of the character of my bass. I could dial in anything from a "scooped" funk tone to a good approximation of a "classic rock" tone, the Spectracomp, Tubetone and Tweetertone control dials are well set out, user friendly and obviously you can add to your taste.

After playing a few gigs with it recently, found that if you want to change settings on the fly as already mentioned in the earlier posts, it is very easy and straightforward.

I opted for the 2x12 cab which is great, first time I'd played through 12" speakers and they don't half move some air!
Though i am saving up to add the 2x10 cab as I've missed having the slightly more defined sound that comes from 10" speakers.

The head and cabs aren't lightweight but are considerably less than say my old Ashdown and TE rigs.

All in all, very happy with it!

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='1355409' date='Aug 29 2011, 05:06 PM']Anyone know of anywhere still doing this deal ??? I could be well up for it.
S[/quote]

[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/tc-electronic-bc500-bass-guitar-amp-head/50706"]http://www.gak.co.uk/en/tc-electronic-bc50...-amp-head/50706[/url]

:) most places should still be selling it for 375.

I'm going to be buying mine tomorrow :)

Adam