Why become a member? ×

£60 postage!??!?!

thedarxide

[quote name='E_MaN' post='148569' date='Feb 28 2008, 07:24 PM']I had to post an alembic a while ago and the postage cost around 50-60 quid for it to go up to scotland ....I remember who that was with but yeah sometimes you need to...maybe not here though[/quote]

Funny you say that...

An acquaintance of mine just had a 2nd hand Alembic shipped up to Scotland which Parcelforce 'lost' and are as yet unable to track down :)

Scary.

[quote name='NJW' post='149434' date='Mar 1 2008, 01:35 PM']An acquaintance of mine just had a 2nd hand Alembic shipped up to Scotland which Parcelforce 'lost' and are as yet unable to track down[/quote]

That's why they are frequently referred to as 'Parcelfarce' :)

I think most shipping costs involve insurance of somekind. On an expensive instrument the insurance could be quite high. If I was having a grand's worth of bass shipped I would want it insured and well packaged (hard case flight case etc) which would add to the weight. However, our friend is selling a bass worth IRO £150-180. In my opinion he/she can't be arsed with the rigmarol off posting so has w@nked £60 on for postage probably to put people off getting it posted.

Edited by markytbass

• 6 months later...