Why become a member? ×

GUITAR GUITAR EPSOM

watton_earth

I went to guitarguitar Epsom this week. They've only been open a few days, thought i'd mention that:
- Lots to see and play with.
- Good facilities.
- Professional staff.
- Finance available.
They let me trade in some basses and a pedal towards a new bass and gave a good price. They even called me 'sir' :)

Well worth a visit.

watton_earth

[quote name='watton_earth' post='1286745' date='Jun 29 2011, 05:58 PM']I went to guitarguitar Epsom this week. They've only been open a few days, thought i'd mention that:
- Lots to see and play with.
- Good facilities.
- Professional staff.
- Finance available.
They let me trade in some basses and a pedal towards a new bass and gave a good price. They even called me 'sir' :)

Well worth a visit.

watton_earth[/quote]

You mention trade in, are they carry a lot of second hand ?

I am local and mean to check it out, but TBH I don't really need to see a wall of brand new basses as I prefer them already chipped :)

[quote name='lojo' post='1286776' date='Jun 29 2011, 06:24 PM']You mention trade in, are they carry a lot of second hand ?

I am local and mean to check it out, but TBH I don't really need to see a wall of brand new basses as I prefer them already chipped :)[/quote]
We have some pre-owned stuff on the wall that we've got through part-exchanges but we mostly sell new instruments.

I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed the store and service :) I hope you won't be the only one!

Will have to try and make it along soon..... especially if there will be some good 'used' stock. I'm really not interested in a wall of Fender jazz/Precision basses in a hundred different colours....

[quote name='cetera' post='1287391' date='Jun 30 2011, 10:11 AM']Will have to try and make it along soon..... especially if there will be some good 'used' stock. I'm really not interested in a wall of Fender jazz/Precision basses in a hundred different colours....[/quote]
And you've got Spectors in every colour too!

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='1287662' date='Jun 30 2011, 01:22 PM']And you've got Spectors in every colour too![/quote]

Only 6 colours and they're all different configurations (bolt-on/neckthru; PJ/JJ; diffferent preamps etc) so they're a LOT more interesting :)

• 2 months later...

+1 to the good service. Phoned on thursday to see if they had an Ashdown amp I was interested in. They had it in their Leeds store, shipped it down to Epsom and I picked it up on Saturday. Really helpful staff and they carried it to my car. Its a big store though with lots of stuff you didn't know you wanted until you walk in so might be an idea to leave the house deeds at home. :)

I have to agree. I bought a few bits and bobs about a month ago and the service was excellent. None of the snobbery and general lack of interest for customer's when I went up to Denmark Street!

I also heard of the special oening you got last thursday! :)

I was wondering, do GuitarGuitar do price matches?...

Edited by argm

[quote name='argm' timestamp='1316365121' post='1376974']
I have to agree. I bought a few bits and bobs about a month ago and the service was excellent. None of the snobbery and general lack of interest for customer's when I went up to Denmark Street!

I also heard of the special oening you got last thursday! :)

[b]I was wondering, do GuitarGuitar do price matches?...[/b]
[/quote]
Just about any and every where will do a price-match these days... you just have to have the nerve to ask. :)

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1316371702' post='1377114']
I might have a wander down there, Is there places to park?
[/quote]
Unfortunately not directly. But there is a carpark about 20 yards down church street on the left then another carpark on the right.
But right next to the store is a small carpark for a small baptist church/scout hut.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1316373811' post='1377167']
Just about any and every where will do a price-match these days... you just have to have the nerve to ask. :)
[/quote]
I guess I'll have to ask in-store, as the website doesn't say. :)

Edited by argm