Why become a member? ×

Adam Clayton Interview

merello

[quote name='RichF' post='1281337' date='Jun 24 2011, 06:20 PM']richer than us all put together and multiplied by 1000. Shagged more hot women than any of us thought existed. Fellow bass player. Comes across as a decent guy. All the rest is petty jealousy. (No big U2 fan BTW)[/quote]

+1000

Plays for the song. Leaves space. Lays it down. When the time is right less is more. In U2 that is what works. Stellar gratuitous technique or a musician working in a band context? I know which one I prefer.

[quote name='owen' post='1281366' date='Jun 24 2011, 06:53 PM']Plays for the song. Leaves space. Lays it down. When the time is right less is more. In U2 that is what works. Stellar gratuitous technique or a musician working in a band context? I know which one I prefer.[/quote]Amen brother.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1281383' date='Jun 24 2011, 07:13 PM']Amen brother.[/quote]
Plus to the one.

So what if he doesn't play like Victor (or whoever) does what he plays work for the song? Yes. Are U2 successful and popular? Yes. Sounds like he's doing a decent job to me.

[quote name='RichF' post='1281337' date='Jun 24 2011, 06:20 PM']richer than us all put together and multiplied by 1000. Shagged more hot women than any of us thought existed. Fellow bass player. Comes across as a decent guy. All the rest is petty jealousy. (No big U2 fan BTW)[/quote]

[quote name='owen' post='1281366' date='Jun 24 2011, 06:53 PM']Plays for the song. Leaves space. Lays it down. When the time is right less is more. In U2 that is what works. Stellar gratuitous technique or a musician working in a band context? I know which one I prefer.[/quote]
This.

I don't understand the vitriol. He just gets on with it, clearly doesn't take himself too seriously, and is living the dream. Fair play to him.

[quote name='owen' post='1281366' date='Jun 24 2011, 06:53 PM']Plays for the song. Leaves space. Lays it down. When the time is right less is more. In U2 that is what works. Stellar gratuitous technique or a musician working in a band context? I know which one I prefer.[/quote]

+1

With a guitarist like The Edge, a busy bassist would just get in the way. AC knows when not to play, which is a skill in itself.

Couldnt agree more.

Why is there so much anti-Clayton stuff around here?? I don't get it, he does his job, very, very well, whilst looking pretty damn cool at the same time.