Why become a member? ×

Content deleted, moderators please remove thanks

Grand Wazoo

Im liking the natural and white pg combo just like a modern version of my pre EB in my avatar, Nice to see instead of the more common natural and black pg combo. Its kind of a cross between a pre EB and a Ray5 really as its got the bevel edge like my five but without any body contours like a pre EB, I like it but I would add the arm/body contours from a sales point of view as I love my pre to bits but it did take a few weeks to adjust to a slab body which some people just trying them out might find too umcomfortable. Its a fantastic mix and if EBMM had a fan fret range Im sure they would be proud of it but in this case envious even :)

Edited by stingrayPete1977

Lovin those - nice 'shopping skills sir!

I wish Mr Sheldon would more styles (like the super-j - or one of these!) in the combustion range tho - there's some of us that have a hard time justifying £2k-plus price tags!!!

Edited by sime17

Meanwhile, over on the eBay links page, we have [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-STRING-BASS-PRAT-BASSES-SINGLE-COURSE-/130532228097?pt=Guitar&hash=item1e6453bc01#ht_500wt_1045"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-STRING-BASS-PRAT-...1#ht_500wt_1045[/url]

Spot the difference!

Love everything on the first two except the oval scratchplate-which I've never liked on MM's anyway. Love the headstock and the way the pickups and bridge mirror the frets. Not mad about the other one-never liked the original style Precision scratchplate, and I prefer my headstock the right way up. Beautiful renditions though.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1264642' date='Jun 11 2011, 09:13 AM']No it doesn't although I agree with you that on the "artist" impression it does looks that way, but if you look at the real thing in the picture below it does not stick out from the body

[/quote]

Phew. I was hoping it was just a photoshop artifact - I couldn't really believe Dingwall would do such a thing.

Btw, I love that photo and how you've got the Grolsch strap lock to colour-match the finish. :)

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' date='Jun 11 2011, 02:21 AM' post='1264549']
Would anyone fancy one of these if they were available?

does anybody have hands that big that would need fanned frets? wouldnt the backwards slant between first and fifth frets cause some unnecessarily complicated fingering contortions?

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1264778' date='Jun 11 2011, 11:42 AM']Meanwhile, over on the eBay links page, we have [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-STRING-BASS-PRAT-BASSES-SINGLE-COURSE-/130532228097?pt=Guitar&hash=item1e6453bc01#ht_500wt_1045"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-STRING-BASS-PRAT-...1#ht_500wt_1045[/url]

Spot the difference![/quote]
I can only play necks with a Jazz width nut :)

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='1264782' date='Jun 11 2011, 11:48 AM']Love everything on the first two except the oval scratchplate-which I've never liked on MM's anyway. Love the headstock and the way the pickups and bridge mirror the frets. Not mad about the other one-never liked the original style Precision scratchplate, and I prefer my headstock the right way up. Beautiful renditions though.[/quote]

So if they took everything new off this and made it exactly like a normal Dingwall then? :)

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1264832' date='Jun 11 2011, 12:26 PM']Au contraire, mon ami, (said Poirot) you would be surprised at how natural and easy it actually is to play one of these.

I agree with you that by just looking at the neck you would think it requires unnatural stretching and what not, but not really. It's easy as pi$$! I actually have medium to small size hands, when I first picked it up and played it, I never thought much in the way of an impediment, and that is what every one else who tried it said. If you get a chance, try one, you will enjoy the surprise you get, trust me. Everyone does![/quote]

I didn't

I quite like the headstock. Did Bocete got into detail why he chose that specific design?

As for the rest of it? I find it interesting (I like the dreamy looking white pup) yet as there are no benefits from fanned frets, ultimately pretentious and slightly ostentatious.