Why become a member? ×

Make of this guy's T&C what you will...

warwickhunt

I'm not flagging this up as a scam in any way (his rating/feedback looks great) but OMG he goes on a bit at the end!

You MUST MUST MUST read all fine print and Q&A below the pictures!!

I can NOT stress this enuf!!! PAYMENT, INSURANCE and CUSTOMS info and terms!!

You certainly can't knock his level of effort put in to photographing the bass, I've never seen better!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Streamer-Stage-One-Pre-Factory-1991-thumb-4-861_W0QQitemZ170196179192QQihZ007QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Streamer-Sta...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

A very beautiful and interesting Warwick.

His final paragraph is interesting:

[quote]WHO AM I?:I am a white American and my wife is Japanese, my daughter is both. I really hate to say this but the only people who send me unsolicited emails calling me a slant-eyed scammer etc are Americans. The rest of the world seems to realize that their country is not the only place on Earth. Only half of my business is to the USA but ALL of these emails come from Americans. If you are one of these people I will just let you know now that you are an idiot and I will be happy to verbally put you in your place and display the correspondence in the Q&A for all to see. If you are stupid enough to think I am a scammer or a guitar is fake etc I can guarantee you I am MUCH MUCH more intelligent than you are!
Thank you for reading this far and I sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, hope you are doing this BEFORE you commit to buy this. Sorry if you are reading this too late. If so you may be SOL but I tried as hard as I flippin' could to get you to read this BEFORE you committed!![/quote]

[quote name='NickThomas' post='145538' date='Feb 23 2008, 12:17 PM']Thank god for high speed internet lol[/quote]

Ooops I should have said that if you have dial-up please don't bother looking!

It certainly is an interesting Bass and had it been in the UK, several months ago, I'd have been mulling over his Insurance options a bit further :)

thats a sweet looking streamer.

the seller had a couple of Stingray EX basses (Japanese market non export SR4s with thru body stringing) for sale at the tail end of last year. I was for buying one till my white sparkle Sterling came up on ebay UK at the same time He was helpful enough to me. even offered to source one in the finish I wanted as the two he had weren't my first and second choices.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='145506' date='Feb 23 2008, 11:27 AM']You certainly can't knock his level of effort put in to photographing the bass, I've never seen better![/quote]

Can't argue with that but still ... 80 photographs? EIGHTY PHOTOGRAPHS!!!

How long did it take to upload that lot when he was placing the listing? I get bored waiting for half a dozen to go through. And how much was his listing fee for that lot?

Lovely bass, mind.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='145831' date='Feb 24 2008, 07:39 AM']Can't argue with that but still ... 80 photographs? EIGHTY PHOTOGRAPHS!!!

How long did it take to upload that lot when he was placing the listing? I get bored waiting for half a dozen to go through. And how much was his listing fee for that lot?

Lovely bass, mind.[/quote]

The cost of listing it was the standard fee because if you look he has placed the pics in the body of the text so they are not part of the listing photograph package. An ebay no-no but he has got away with it so far.

I think the extended's T&Cs are probably the result of his dealings with some of the kinds of ebayers we love to discuss on this forum. He probably gets hassle from every seller asking him to fiddle the value of the instrument on the customs declaration. The same buyers would probably then get shirty if the instrument they've bought gets trashed in the post and the compensation is about enough to buy a replacement made of balsa wood.

[quote name='barneythedog' post='145666' date='Feb 23 2008, 05:34 PM']It's nice to know he is "MUCH MUCH more" intelligent than me :)[/quote]

I never had you down as a scammer Barney, as thats what he says "if you are a scammer, I am............!"

i's dotted Ts crossed and seems about legit as you can get. Hes been stung hasnt he, and is realling in the pain of it!

Believe me after loosing £800 on a bum deal i'm a damn sight more careful now too!