Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb for sale - Back up for sale due to non-payer

madzombieguy

Hi there.
If anyone is interested in buying a great bass, then please feel free to get in touch.

I'm selling a 4 string Warwick Thumb - Bolt-on

It's one of the best basses i've ever played and I would love for it to go to a loving home. I've owned it for around 2 years now, and it's definately been taken care of. Regularly waxed and no scratches/dents at all

I'm sure if you are serious, all the information you need on this bass can be found online. Experienced bassists on here will probably know what the bass is like anyway.

I currently have no price tag on it, but it was bought for £1200 +. Looking for [b]£600[/b]
I can also hand over in person if you live locally (Fife/Dundee)
Gig bag/tuner thrown in for free. Please ask if you want more photo's.

Body Wood: Ovangkol
Number of Frets: 24 in.
Overall Length: 43.70 in.
Weight: 7.70 lbs.
Pickups: MEC Active J/J
Electronics: MEC Active BEC II, 2-way

Contact me on here, or: [b][email protected][/b]

Also, I have msn :)

Edited by madzombieguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

damn! i miss my old warwick =\ there's just something about the way you can dig in with them... argh, severe GAS.

if I hadn't moved on to gigging on the 6er then I'd probably be all over this. have a free bump on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Prices for Warwicks are really weird.

I bought a mint Thumb Thru for £750 then sold it a year later for £1000.......Go figure?!?!?

I do think I got a great deal and that a grand was also a fair price for a few year old bass with a RRP of £1850

Good luck with the sale.

BUMP

Went to see this bass last night (50 mile drive each way). It really is a nice bass and the seller is a real nice guy, but be aware he will not accept the £600 price as advertised. I offered this in cash but it was not accepted. He is holding out for £750.....I cant blame him for that, its a lovely bass. Just dont waste your time going to see it if you think that you will get it for £600.

Good luck with the sale anyway.

[quote name='weeted' post='184615' date='Apr 24 2008, 04:16 PM']...be aware he will not accept the £600 price as advertised.[/quote]

Weird?? Why advertise it for £600 then!! :wacko:

I would have been most pi**ed off, if i'd had to drive 100 mile round trip for nothing. :)

[quote name='kdphysio' post='184629' date='Apr 24 2008, 04:23 PM']Weird?? Why advertise it for £600 then!! :wacko:

I would have been most pi**ed off, if i'd had to drive 100 mile round trip for nothing. :)[/quote]
I was buying this for my son so he is pretty gutted as well

what a stitch up, obviously a seller who cannot be taken seriously?

Edit - forgot to mention that I got a thumb bolt on for £550 with a good hard case, so £600 would have been cheap but not unreasonably cheap for the seller to let it go for that much, but...how can anyone advertise a price and let someone drive all that way knowing that they're not going to sell it to them for the advertised price?!?! it's madness i tell thee

Edited by benwhiteuk

[quote name='weeted' post='184633' date='Apr 24 2008, 04:28 PM']I was buying this for my son so he is pretty gutted as well[/quote]

I recently sold my 2006 ThumbBO4 to a fellow BC'er a few weeks back for £550. Not a great price - but about market at the mo.
Don't worry mate they'll be another along in a minute :)

If as you say he's refused to sell it to you in person for the price that he has it advertised for, then I have sneaking suspicion he'll not be finding a quick sale on the forum, regardless of price!

I have to admit you seem to be taking it a fair bit calmer than I would... :)