Why become a member? ×

Competiton Time

Pete Academy

[quote name='Bloc Riff Nut' post='1251579' date='May 31 2011, 02:49 PM']Slap Bass; Ahh, music to my ears!

I may not win this one! :)[/quote]

music to my ar*e...

slap bass sounds like throwing a bag of marbles at robocop

[quote name='yorick' post='1251530' date='May 31 2011, 02:20 PM']Like two skeletons shagging on a corrugated tin roof in a thunder storm........... :)[/quote]
Ah yes, that's how Sir Thomas Beecham described the sound of the harpsichord. Except he said "copulating" rather than shagging. Lord knows what he'd have to say about slap.

[quote name='skej21' post='1251672' date='May 31 2011, 03:59 PM']Sounds like the bass equivalent of 'drummer at the wrong gig' :)[/quote]

But Steve (D.A.T.W.G) Moore didn't drop a single beat despite all those crazy antics. The guy is a ledge! ;o)

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1251736' date='May 31 2011, 04:30 PM']Does Nigel Clutterbuck actually have a real gig, or does he solely exist to annoy people at trade fairs?[/quote]

Works at Rotosound as a salesman, but no idea if he's got a regular gig actually..

Slap bass is:

The sound of a tiny penis seeking attention.

I mean, have you seen the size of Victor Wooten's tiny ickle hands? I rest my case.

[ Disclaimer: sorry to all you slappers! I'm just jealous really as I'm hopeless at it myself :) ]