Why become a member? ×

1967 Fender Bass V

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1253600' date='Jun 2 2011, 09:54 AM']I know nowt about vintage Fender values... but it's getting silly, isn't it?[/quote]

There was one of these in The Gallery for ages, a mint sunburst 66, that went for around £2k in the end I think.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1253807' date='Jun 2 2011, 12:31 PM']£3.5K[/quote]

If this turns out to be right, the buyer is a twit (unless of course it turns out to be a fellow Basschatter, in which case "Congatulations on your excellent purchase - you're a splendid chap and I hope you enjoy this recent aquisition and have many happy years playing it".............Twit).

Edited by The Bass Doc

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='1254289' date='Jun 2 2011, 05:10 PM']If this turns out to be right, the buyer is a twit (unless of course it turns out to be a fellow Basschatter, in which case "Congatulations on your excellent purchase - you're a splendid chap and I hope you enjoy this recent aquisition and have many happy years playing it".............Twit).[/quote]
I predict that there are twits lurking on ebay.

It must be true that when you mention james Jamerson in a listing your profits will double...

I have a load of old crap on ebay at the moment...I heard once that Jamerson may of had a load of old crap similar to mine laying about at some point too. Starting price £1200.00

[quote name='wesfinn' post='1255231' date='Jun 3 2011, 11:37 AM']It must be true that when you mention james Jamerson in a listing your profits will double...

I have a load of old crap on ebay at the moment...I heard once that Jamerson may of had a load of old crap similar to mine laying about at some point too. Starting price £1200.00[/quote]

Very true :) did he even play a Bass V??

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1255253' date='Jun 3 2011, 11:47 AM']Very true :) did he even play a Bass V??[/quote]
I remember reading somewhere that Jamerson had a Bass V but hated it so much that he threw it across the studio saying 'Never let me play that thing again!'.

[I may have invented that because my memory is not what it used to be.]

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1255274' date='Jun 3 2011, 11:59 AM']I remember reading somewhere that Jamerson had a Bass V but hated it so much that he threw it across the studio saying 'Never let me play that thing again!'.

[I may have invented that because my memory is not what it used to be.][/quote]
I seem to remember that being the tale of him trying a fretless bass guitar (possibly an Ampeg). He could have done it with the Bass V too, to be fair. :)

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1255274' date='Jun 3 2011, 11:59 AM']I remember reading somewhere that Jamerson had a Bass V but hated it so much that he threw it across the studio saying 'Never let me play that thing again!'.[/quote]

That made me laugh, and if you've ever played one, you would understand why!! They're not great players.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1257661' date='Jun 5 2011, 07:34 PM']Everyone keeping their eyes peeled for the relisting then? :)[/quote]

And...there it is, right on cue!! :)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1967-Fender-Bass-V-5-Rarest-Fender-Guitar-Led-Zeppelin-/130530300758?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1e64365356"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1967-Fender-Bass-V-5...=item1e64365356[/url]