Why become a member? ×

FS/FT. Genz Benz Streamliner 600. NOW SOLD

I got this head end of April after doing a lot of reading and watching video reviews. Unfortunately its just not doing it for me.

Its a great tone and a very nice head but after 5 years with MarkBass I think its harder than i thought to break out from what basically works for me.

Full spec and info can be found here
[url="http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=detail&mid=2662&sid=675&cid=95"]Streamliner 600[/url]

It is of course in full working order. Its been in a Gigskinz small mixer bag when its not being used so no damage and no marks worth mentioning other than the one i mention below lol..
I got it from the Bass Merchant for £569 and im going to be looking for £415 or very near offer and if i can get this with a local pick up ill include the bag as well, if i have to post it ill keep the bag as it wont fit in the box so that will incur extra postage and packaging.

I can post at the buyers expense to UK only, sorry, i dont have the time to sort out any international posting.

[b]Trades? i'm only looking for a MB F500 with a small bit of cash your way or possibly a Shuttle 6.0 max (only now)[/b]

Here are the pics. I can see no scratches or marks on it other than one scuff on the left hand side.This happened the one time i stored a mains lead in the bag next to the head. You can see this in the 4th pic down. Im happy to do a close up of it if anyone wants it.

Cheers.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 1 month later...

After a few more gigs with this im finding the results too variable. One week ill love it, next week its just not cutting it.

Im now convinced its not really for me, and while it sounds great a lot of the time i dont think ill ever completely love it like i do MB heads.

Im open to offers close to £430 but other than a MB F500 i cant think of anything i would want as a trade.

Edited by dave_bass5

Cheers, i did my best.
For marquees and venues with nasty thin wooden stages its been fantastic but just recently ive been setting both heads up and i just prefer the character of the MB head, even though the STL600 is a better head for my sort of music.

I could quite happily live with it but having a choice of two heads i can see me now using the F1 a lot more.

Pre weekend bump with added trade option. I would also consider a GB Shuttle 6.0 or 9.0 with a bit of cash your way.

Ive had a few enquiries but nothing suitable.

Photos will be up on Sunday.

Have a good one people :)

To be honest ive never used it for distortion so i have no idea how dirty it gets. To be honest i much prefer the tone of a LMII. SA450 etc head with a BDDI in front of it and the STL600 sounds nothing like it IMO.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='1297122' date='Jul 8 2011, 12:56 PM']So this is the "Ampeg" of the Genz Benz world?

Can this do the crazy things a Tech 21 Sansamp can do?[/quote]

I have used a stock MIA P bass with the Streamliner 900 and dimed the gain. It definitely does have a pretty damn nice grindy tone, especially with a pick.

Its not the same as the BDDI, but another flavour I guess.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='1297122' date='Jul 8 2011, 12:56 PM']So this is the "Ampeg" of the Genz Benz world?

Can this do the crazy things a Tech 21 Sansamp can do?[/quote]
IMO... Tubey? Yes. Ampeg-y? More so than the Shuttle, but not massively close.

As for crazy Tech 21 Sansamp stuff... FWIW, I hated the Sansamp with a passion, but I love the Streamliner.

PM's all replied to. Thanks for some great offers but still looking for only those heads listed in the first post.

Small price reduction to £425 + bag for pickup only. + postage for anyone who wants to pay for the postage (and no bag).

Edited by dave_bass5

Well im in no great hurry to sell it as there isnt a F500 for sale at the moment.

Ive had loads of offers (no, i dont need two electric guitars lol) but think ill hold out for something closer to what im after.

I've already withdrawn this head once, and will be using it again this weekend so who knows, it might be around for a while yet.

It worked really well on sat (another Marquee). Im now going to knock the Shuttle 6 trade option on the head unless its a Max.

Im still happy to sell it, im also happy to keep it :) Although this week its great i dont think ill ever be 100% happy with it, and still really want a F500 so im just going to see what happens.