Why become a member? ×

Lakland 44-AJ

Musicman20

Here is a video review of their new bass.

Not sure if its a bassist reviewing it?! I do like the QC check over though.

First thoughts? Nowhere near as cool as the DJ bass, they should have just done a super cool 70s style Jazz, passive, but a touch different to the DJ.

Not sure about the fact they are humbucking, personally I like a Jazz pure and simple.

Is it me, or is there no 'tone' knob?

Edited by Musicman20

reguardless of the merits of the bass that is one of the worst reviews/introduction i've ever seen.... really really if i cut the high and boost the low it might be more reggae? wtf? i stopped watching when he started to tell me the bridge pup would be more 'funky'....

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1200115' date='Apr 14 2011, 11:41 PM']reguardless of the merits of the bass that is one of the worst reviews/introduction i've ever seen.... really really if i cut the high and boost the low it might be more reggae? wtf? i stopped watching when he started to tell me the bridge pup would be more 'funky'....[/quote]
Needs the Ed Friedland review really.

I think it looks great. Definitely what I would be having if it wasn't so expensive.
I just don't get it. The Skylines, being the 'squires' (right?) ought to be a few hundred quid surely, not £1k. The USA ones should be about £1k, not bloody £2.5k.

I'm likely to end up with a Peavey at this rate.

[quote name='carl0s' post='1201956' date='Apr 16 2011, 05:03 PM']I think it looks great. Definitely what I would be having if it wasn't so expensive.
I just don't get it. The Skylines, being the 'squires' (right?) ought to be a few hundred quid surely, not £1k. The USA ones should be about £1k, not bloody £2.5k.

I'm likely to end up with a Peavey at this rate.[/quote]

Agreed on prices. Skylines are SILLY prices nowadays.

[quote name='carl0s' post='1201956' date='Apr 16 2011, 04:03 PM']I just don't get it. The Skylines, being the 'squires' (right?) ought to be a few hundred quid surely, not £1k. The USA ones should be about £1k, not bloody £2.5k.[/quote]

I would personally compare Skylines to Fender USA, and Lakland USA to Fender Custom Shop.

I have never liked any Fender more than the Skylines I've played.

[quote name='Basshoofd' post='1202581' date='Apr 17 2011, 01:32 PM']I would personally compare Skylines to Fender USA, and Lakland USA to Fender Custom Shop.

I have never liked any Fender more than the Skylines I've played.[/quote]i woulld say on both counts Lakland are better