Why become a member? ×

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (NBD)

mcnach

Well, I have not received it yet.
In fact, I have not paid for it yet.
But it's happening.

I haven't been this excited about a new bass in... well, never! The Stingray was very close, 'though.

Yup, I'm getting a Fender Precision. Me, the P-bass hater. Who would have thought it? And it's largely due to those pesky Sue Ryder P-basses.
But why do I buy a Fender Precision if I already have not one, not two but three SR P-basses?

Well... it's not just any Precision, this one.

Oh no!

It's very special.

But I will not say what it is yet. Not until I have it with me and can take pictures myself to post.

But you are allowed to guess :)

Edited by mcnach

Hmmm.
Boy meets OLP, boy falls head over heels in love with OLP, boy professes love to whole internet, boy meets Stingray, boy falls in love with Stingray. Boy meets Sue Ryder, boy falls head over heels in love with Sue Ryder, boy professes love to whole internet, boy meets Fender P.....

I think we're starting to see a pattern here. :)

Congrats Jose. I'm sure we'll hear aaaaall about it once it arrives. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1178753' date='Mar 27 2011, 09:02 PM']Hmmm.
Boy meets OLP, boy falls head over heels in love with OLP, boy professes love to whole internet, boy meets Stingray, boy falls in love with Stingray. Boy meets Sue Ryder, boy falls head over heels in love with Sue Ryder, boy professes love to whole internet, boy meets Fender P.....

I think we're starting to see a pattern here. :)

Congrats Jose. I'm sure we'll hear aaaaall about it once it arrives. :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :D

are you afraid to meet me now, I wonder :)

No, the path to the Stingray had a logic.

I'm not in love with the SR P-basses, but they're fun, and they did have something that other P-style basses I'd tried before did not.
Them, and another "happy incident", led to this particular P-bass.

I'm not switching Stingray to P-bass, by the way. But yes, you'll hear aaaaall about it :P

[quote name='mcnach' post='1178964' date='Mar 27 2011, 11:10 PM']...I'm not switching Stingray to P-bass, by the way. But yes, you'll hear aaaaall about it :)[/quote]
That's good to hear. :lol:

From what I've seen so far it is one of the sexiest basses I've ever seen.... blonde and simple. :)
(Please don't go filling her with tronics she should remain a simple gal)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1178984' date='Mar 27 2011, 11:25 PM']That's good to hear. :lol:

From what I've seen so far it is one of the sexiest basses I've ever seen.... blonde and simple. :)
(Please don't go filling her with tronics she should remain a simple gal)[/quote]

I have no intention to apply any modification.

At least initially... I can't promise I would be able to entirely keep myself from doing it. A P-Retro seems like a mighty thing... :)
Maybe.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1179015' date='Mar 28 2011, 12:07 AM']P basses are allergic to active gubbins don't you know?

I've not tested that btw

A 9th bass? well ill be through in edinburgh in 3 sundays time if you want me to clear some space for you :)[/quote]

9th???

ah!

I don't put all my basses in my signature :)

It's an affliction. From time to time I get rid off most of them, keeping just the ones I really use... but new ones always creep back in.

[quote name='mcnach' post='1179929' date='Mar 28 2011, 07:55 PM']9th???

ah!

I don't put all my basses in my signature :lol:

It's an affliction. From time to time I get rid off most of them, keeping just the ones I really use... but new ones always creep back in.[/quote]

wow! :)
so are you saying you may not even notice if one goes missing? :D
P basses are pretty awesome though, I the last few months went through 3 different Jazz basses, and sold them as well why would I need 3 basses. Then we have a wee practice so the warwick streamer is taken.... and argh everything is awful sounding.... come to the gig i take the P bass and suddenly everything fits in, and the band fit together tonaly and, yeah, it sounds good.
Going from active basses to passive P bass is a jump, they react differently.... but play it a wee while and suddenly it all fits into place and that passive bass tone.... mmmm

Personally I still kinda want a jazz though!

as well, im sure you can understand! :)

[quote name='pete.young' post='1180056' date='Mar 28 2011, 09:13 PM']I think it looks a bit like this, but with fewer frets. Must get some decent pictures done.

The temptation to have a matching fretted/fretless pair was strong, but I resisted.[/quote]

and I thank you, you are a true gentleman :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1180290' date='Mar 28 2011, 11:59 PM']wow! :)
so are you saying you may not even notice if one goes missing? :P
P basses are pretty awesome though, I the last few months went through 3 different Jazz basses, and sold them as well why would I need 3 basses. Then we have a wee practice so the warwick streamer is taken.... and argh everything is awful sounding.... come to the gig i take the P bass and suddenly everything fits in, and the band fit together tonaly and, yeah, it sounds good.
Going from active basses to passive P bass is a jump, they react differently.... but play it a wee while and suddenly it all fits into place and that passive bass tone.... mmmm

Personally I still kinda want a jazz though!

as well, im sure you can understand! :lol:[/quote]

whilst I always hope my gf doesn't really notice whether there are a couple new additions or not (she notices 'though, I created a monster... when she goes to a gig without me she sometimes txts me telling me about what the bass player is using)... I would always notice. Always. Every single one has its place, even if it's just on the wall :D

as for "I still kinda want a jazz though!"...
No, I do not understand that.
You said "a" jazz. That seems to imply a single instrument... Surely you must have meant it in plural! :)

[quote name='mcnach' post='1181351' date='Mar 29 2011, 08:30 PM']whilst I always hope my gf doesn't really notice whether there are a couple new additions or not (she notices 'though, I created a monster... when she goes to a gig without me she sometimes txts me telling me about what the bass player is using)... I would always notice. Always. Every single one has its place, even if it's just on the wall :)

as for "I still kinda want a jazz though!"...
No, I do not understand that.
You said "a" jazz. That seems to imply a single instrument... Surely you must have meant it in plural! :)[/quote]

hehehe start off slow!
there are some awesome ones in the for sale section at the mo, the CAR nash, and the clover both look nice! must resist