Why become a member? ×

Please Delete

Musicman20

Perfect backup or beginner bass, and it's fairly light!

Sonic Blue/Rosewood/Gig Bag, Tools, Strap, Cable.

Excellent condition and actually pretty well made for a budget P. Strings line up to pups, neck to body join is damn fine, paint is great. Pickup has a pretty good P bass grunt, and its nice and easy to play.

£70.00 ONO picked up, or plus shipping if required. I estimate shipping (without insurance as its low value) would be roughly £10.00 with a courier on interparcel.com.

Why this price? Answer = local tech setup of £35.00. Nut re-adjusted and set for a low ish action. New strings were put on but I didn't request anything high end but they are no doubt mid-level priced strings as part of the setup I paid for.

These basses retailed for around £120-140 I believe, and as you all know, we all jumped on a recent sale they had. This plus the setup is basically below what I paid, and a massive bargain. Most basses at this level are awful, but Im actually damn impressed.

Don't be afraid to make an offer obviously!

Payment via bank transfer.

Edited by Musicman20

There will be a few comments on this Im sure!

I will be the first to say though I have a squier Jazz its had every mod possible inc Bartolinis pups, EBS active preamp, Badass II bridge, New full size open tuners,Genuine Fender pg, fret edges dressed and fret board edge rounded over, new knobs and the work required to fit the jack socket into the body good setup and new strings. All in it cost me about £450 and is sublime, Whats it worth on here £150-175 tops? I would never sell it whole as its worth more in bits because of the desirable parts. (I would never sell it anyway :) ) I get your point Gareth but a set of strings and a setup for you may be awful for the next person and require changing anyway. £59 from Tamworth Sue Ryder and a pack of Elites I have in the cupboard FTW and a £31 saving :lol:

Good luck with the sale anyway, TIM :)

I dunno, if the action was low i'd probably be happy to pay £90, i'm sure its mint condition too. I have one exactly the same (although not professionally setup) and I think its fantastic quality for the price and i'd only upgrade for an American Standard and skip everything in between. I've switched to guitar now but when I fill in on bass (after owning 20 odd at anything from £100 to £2600) the Ryder and my Roland Cube30 does everything I want at band practice. Skims £100 off a beginner bass without setup too!

EDIT: I understand the scepticism on these basses too as I wasn't convinced by the Squier Classic Vibes being made out of Basswood (even though their massive praise!!) so when these were found out to be Alder I jumped on it.

Edited by Schnozzalee

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1176531' date='Mar 25 2011, 08:49 PM']I dunno, if the action was low i'd probably be happy to pay £90, i'm sure its mint condition too. I have one exactly the same (although not professionally setup) and I think its fantastic quality for the price and i'd only upgrade for an American Standard and skip everything in between. I've switched to guitar now but when I fill in on bass (after owning 20 odd at anything from £100 to £2600) the Ryder and my Roland Cube30 does everything I want at band practice. Skims £100 off a beginner bass without setup too![/quote]
I'm not doubting the Ryders ability but when new ones are avaiable for £59 without new pickups or something of similar upgrade a 50% increase is hard to justify.

I don't doubt Gareths intentions and know him to be a good guy, Now if Tino was selling it.......:)

Surely the rules about questioning a seller's price still stand no matter how well y'all know each other or how much has been written about these same basses (38 pages at the last count).

The rules is the rules boys!

[quote name='krispn' post='1176769' date='Mar 26 2011, 12:26 AM']Surely the rules about questioning a seller's price still stand no matter how well y'all know each other or how much has been written about these same basses (38 pages at the last count).

The rules is the rules boys![/quote]

point taken :)

I still have 4 Ryders soon to be 3. My navy blue/maple is stunning with just a bass doc pickguard and a setup. Got a wiz area51 pickup for it so that's going in next.
I don't really know why I'm doing it when I have G&L's and some good Fenders..... Oh that's right, I'm retired and a bit bored :)

• 1 month later...

My local SR (which still has a few guitars) has actually started putting the prices back up. The Strats are now £67 and the LP without binding is £70.

So they are officially increasing in value, Apa was right - they're already collectors' pieces!

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1226257' date='May 10 2011, 02:53 PM']My local SR (which still has a few guitars) has actually started putting the prices back up. The Strats are now £67 and the LP without binding is £70.

So they are officially increasing in value, Apa was right - they're already collectors' pieces![/quote]

MB1. :)
Coming to an Antiques Roadshow near you Soon! :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...