Why become a member? ×

Melodic d'n'b improv HQ vid

urb

Hey

Sorry to post another of these improvised things but I took the time to record things properly and film it in HD - the looped melody at the end is my fave part - but let me know what you think - played on my Sei Jazz with my Boss RC2 looper

Incidentally I'm working on some new recordings - some with a singer - and it's going pretty well, but I'm not previewing anything until it's completely ready - so these little jams are just me letting off steam - hope that's cool with y'all? :)

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1156934' date='Mar 10 2011, 05:26 PM']I'm grooving... head nodding... fingers tapping... yeah, man. Cool and funky as hell. :)[/quote]

Thanks fella - I'm particularly pleased with the loop at the end - and this bass records so well (it sounds great anyway) but having just DI'd it for this I'm happy with the sound - and I didn't even switch pickups for the solo... cheers for watching

M

You sir, are a very bad man. That's pushed my inadequacy button right back in again, and it'll take months to pop out now. :) :)
Tuneful, funky, and a tone that resembles the finest silk transformed into mellifluous sonic reality. Right that's it - I'm buying your album. So there.

Edit...... and bought. I shall report back.

Snicks

Edited by ShergoldSnickers

[quote name='Clarky' post='1160308' date='Mar 13 2011, 11:15 AM']Hey Mike, it's not the type of music I would normally listen to but I have to say that was a superb demonstration of amazing technique and improvisational ability. I wish I had a tenth of your abilities![/quote]

Thanks Clarky - I appreciate your feedback - it's the kind of stuff that is impossible to play at bass guitar shows! Hence I played very little yesterday as it's kind of a waste of time - plus I'm very happy with my basses... thanks again I know this fusion jazz stuff isn't everyone's bag, and it's only one side of the music I like to listen to and play.

Mike

[quote name='Sibob' post='1161563' date='Mar 14 2011, 11:28 AM']Love your playing mate!, gutted I missed you on saturday!
Btw, do you do lessons by any chance?

Si[/quote]

PM you later on that Si - but yes occasionally!

Sorry I missed you as well - would have been good to catch up

Mike

Oh, that was just.......schweet :). Loved the melodic playing at the end

I do look forward to what pops up here in the Recording forum (oh, and BTW, I've suscribed to your YouTube channel as well).

Keep it up, Mike. Good luck with the new tunes.

Ian

Very nice indeed!

Dare I say this kinda thing would normally be a bit too jazzy for my tastes, but this is an exception. Really like it... funky as a motherfunker and brilliantly played!

I must look into getting myself a loop pedal sometime; I can imagine they're great fun.