Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 5 HS Ltd edition 2006

jimwin

It is with reluctance that I may have to sell my lovely MM Stingray 5 :) . It is an HS - 2006 limited edition - Black with Gold hardware. A couple of scratches near the bridge on the body - but other than that immaculate - with limited edition hard case. Any idea what this is likely to be worth? I paid about £1700 in 2006 new. Thanks - Jim

Edited by Hamster

I'm gonna hazard a guess at a grand but i'm no Musicman anorak (although two have passed through my hands :) ) if you type it in the search bar at the bottom left of the 'for sale' section you should be able to find something similar thats previously sold and then make a decent guess from that.

Not always the best though because some are desperate to sell and price low, thereby setting that price for the market and some put them unrealistically high. I had someone talk to me adamantly insisting that second hand price is half price but if its immaculate I don't believe so, mods, missing/broken hardware and paint loss/faults put me off but dings/scratches/chips don't.

I tend to put what I think is fair for it quality wise and drop it if I get in financial trouble, lack of interest or see something I can't afford.

End of the day its all about how much you want for it, theres too much criticism in this area and all price queries are supposed to be by done by PM as is the law of the forum!! lol :)

Best of luck with the sale!! I really like this particular finish.

Hate to say it but I think prices on MM are a bit better on the bay at the moment - if you dont mind the hassle. I'd estimate maybe £100 better on average for a standard MM (based on watching a few recently) so maybe a bit better on a special. Having said that I didn't take my own advice on the Ray5 I just sold - but I hate paypal and selling on the bay....