Why become a member? ×

Warwick Collection... what do you want and how much?

warwickhunt

A few poor quality pics (taken purely for insurance purposes.
Dolphin

Stage II

Streamer Ltd Ed

Streamer Corvette (reviewed in Bassist)

Streamer Corvette (my main gigging bass)

Stage II

Stage II rear

Stage I & II

Stage... (it has to be called a SSI due to the construction but it isn't if that makes sense)

I actually find the EMG's in the early Warwicks to be quite neutral and TBH the MEC's in the early Streamers that I've had haven't sounded a million miles different. It was pointed out to me recently (by a very knowledgeable professional luthier) that modern EMG's have a different tone to the 80's and early 90's ones, possibly due to a change in their preamp design!

[quote name='ped' post='130562' date='Jan 30 2008, 11:47 AM']Show me the orange one!![/quote]

I've not had the chance to take any more pics of any of the basses lately as the house has a lovely fine coating of brick/plaster dust and the basses are all bagged or cased in the spare bedroom under an extra dustsheet.

re. the black SSII - I have a tentative offer on that one but its dependent upon sales of the buyers equipment. However I am making it clear that I can't 'reserve' anything unless a price is firmly established and a deposit is given... sorry too many bad past experiences though luckily not many on BC :) PM me an offer and we'll see where we go.

Cheers

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='130351' date='Jan 29 2008, 11:01 PM']I actually find the EMG's in the early Warwicks to be quite neutral and TBH the MEC's in the early Streamers that I've had haven't sounded a million miles different. It was pointed out to me recently (by a very knowledgeable professional luthier) that modern EMG's have a different tone to the 80's and early 90's ones, possibly due to a change in their preamp design![/quote]

You have PM sir!

Hopefully all PMs replied to.

If you haven't heard back from me can you send me another PM outlining what you want and how much.

To save time - I have 'firm' offers (deposits offered) of £1500 for the Streamer Corvette, £860 for the black Stage I, £1000 for the black Stage II, £1000+ for the natural Stage II. Various prices have been floated around for the others though I have to admit that my foolish act of dropping the price of the blue Streamer has possibly done me more harm than good!

The black Stage II now has £1075 on it (rounded after conversion from 1450 euro) from a Warwick forum member.

Cheers

John

Edited by warwickhunt

HI John
OH MY GOD!!! i think im in love, ive not seen one of those infinette basses with the f holes since i was a kid i saw a guy playing one in a rock band in trillions in newcastle, was that you by any chance!! i remember seeing them in a guitar mag and thinking they were amazing,(still saving for an infinity)
I asked my wife if i could use some of the money from our house sale to buy it, but she said no (bahhh) thanks for flying the warwick flag lets make em trendy again.
all the best mate-LEE
PS. Ill send send those photos to your email, not had time.
[/quote]

[quote name='lee650' post='131059' date='Jan 31 2008, 12:35 AM']HI John
OH MY GOD!!! i think im in love, ive not seen one of those infinette basses with the f holes since i was a kid i saw a guy playing one in a rock band in trillions in newcastle, was that you by any chance!! i remember seeing them in a guitar mag and thinking they were amazing,(still saving for an infinity)
I asked my wife if i could use some of the money from our house sale to buy it, but she said no (bahhh) thanks for flying the warwick flag lets make em trendy again.
all the best mate-LEE
PS. Ill send send those photos to your email, not had time.[/quote]

Hey Lee.

I have indeed played Trillions twice (a long time ago) and I don't know of another one in the NE... well apart from my other one :) so it may well have been me.

The Infinette that I have is the actual one that was reviewed in Bassist magazine; I purchased it from Martin at The Bass Gallery in 92 I think (I still have the receipt in my file) so this may well have been the bass that you read about.

Speak soon!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='129814' date='Jan 29 2008, 09:49 AM']I won't be selling every single one, apart from anything else I doubt that there are that many Warwick fans in the World at the moment :)[/quote]

Seems to be the case. I've had LOTS of interest with my Streamer fretless but not the figure that it's worth. Best of luck!

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='131296' date='Jan 31 2008, 01:49 PM']Righty then, so are the black Stage II & Bartolini Stage I still available, and if so can you chuck me a pm with what you are after for them?[/quote]

:) I noticed you made a sale!

I'll PM you as soon as I get in from work and I've checked my emails but I can say that the only items that I'm certain (holds breath) are sold are the 'F' hole Corvette Streamer, the single pup Ltd Ed Streamer and the natural SSII. I have offers on others (pending sales etc) but no one prepared to put down deposits to hold things.

I'll also try and get more images tonight but I can assure you that neither bass has any dinks, dings, gashes or issues and the action etc is nice and low with loads of scope for personal set-up preferrence.

Ok, Who are you and what have you done with Warwickhunt?
:)

[quote name='steve-norris' post='129796' date='Jan 29 2008, 09:32 AM']If you need it i can look after an infinity for you, no charge ;)[/quote]

Oh you were just ahead of me there, except my offer would end with "the Dolphin"

Maybe we could organise an bass exercising schedule for seldom used collections like this, like those people that exercise dogs for people who are too busy ..... Your Warwicks could go out and play a few dozen times a year and avoid the atrophy they suffer if they never see an audience :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='131303' date='Jan 31 2008, 02:05 PM']:) I noticed you made a sale!

I'll PM you as soon as I get in from work and I've checked my emails but I can say that the only items that I'm certain (holds breath) are sold are the 'F' hole Corvette Streamer, the single pup Ltd Ed Streamer and the natural SSII. I have offers on others (pending sales etc) but no one prepared to put down deposits to hold things.

I'll also try and get more images tonight but I can assure you that neither bass has any dinks, dings, gashes or issues and the action etc is nice and low with loads of scope for personal set-up preferrence.[/quote]

*poke*

I'm leaning heavily toward the SII btw

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='131636' date='Jan 31 2008, 11:16 PM']*poke*

I'm leaning heavily toward the SII btw[/quote]

I'd love to say good choice but I'm biased and there couldn't be a bad choice :huh:

In all seriousness I've traded a lot of Warwicks over the years always keeping the best and I can safely say there isn't a duffer in my 'collection' (oh how I'm coming to dislike that word). I'm going to try and conclude any/all sales by this weekend as I have no intention of hawking my basses up and down the sales thread for months. If a bass isn't sold over this weekend (or deposits organised... honest that isn't directed at you :) ) then I'll likely as not hold on till the summer.

... and did somebody say the 'F' word? How dare you, how very dare you!

Edited by warwickhunt

Jesus John, I can't believe what I'm reading. A clear out on this scale is unprecedented in bassworld/basstalk/basschat history!

To anyone contemplating a deal with Warwickhunt, I can personally vouch for this guy as being genuine with an amazing collection of first rate warwick's. I have played one of the Infinities (I think, can't remember which one but it had the 'f' holes!) and I'd be first in the queue if it didn't look stupid on a fat ba$tard like me!

Good luck with the clear out John. What with this and the amp sales, I guess you are no closer to discovering 'the sound' that you've been pursuing for the last x years?

[quote name='JPJ' post='131672' date='Feb 1 2008, 12:47 AM']Jesus John, I can't believe what I'm reading. A clear out on this scale is unprecedented in bassworld/basstalk/basschat history!

To anyone contemplating a deal with Warwickhunt, I can personally vouch for this guy as being genuine with an amazing collection of first rate warwick's. I have played one of the Infinities (I think, can't remember which one but it had the 'f' holes!) and I'd be first in the queue if it didn't look stupid on a fat ba$tard like me!

Good luck with the clear out John. What with this and the amp sales, I guess you are no closer to discovering 'the sound' that you've been pursuing for the last x years?[/quote]

Cheers for that glowing reference Kev (you'll get the dosh next time you're with FM :huh: ), 20 years to amass and 2 weeks to clear out... a record!

The funny thing is that I have discovered 'the sound' but just too many times! The waters are clouded by the fact that I have too many variables; amps/cabs/basses etc. This way I get down to ONE of 'the sounds' that I've had all along and no excess baggage ;)

As things stand this morning I have the following offers:

£1500 for the Streamer Corvette (stock one)
£860 for the black Stage I
£1075 for the black Stage II (rounded after conversion from 1450 euro from a Warwick forum member)
£1200+ for the natural Stage II - deposit taken
*sold* Ltd Ed Streamer (single pup) - see you Sunday hopefully
£610 Blue Streamer still available but a guy from the Ukraine wants this and is in the process of finalising

I 'think' that is everything but if I have missed anything it's because no one has made a firm offer or I've missed you, so please PM me :)

Cheers
John

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='lawriemacmillan' post='131184' date='Jan 31 2008, 11:01 AM']Seems to be the case. I've had LOTS of interest with my Streamer fretless but not the figure that it's worth. Best of luck![/quote]

Maybe you'll have more luck selling it on your birthday mate :) Have a good one!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='131708' date='Feb 1 2008, 07:28 AM']Cheers for that glowing reference Kev (you'll get the dosh next time you're with FM :) )[/quote]

Not the time of year for making much dosh with my cack handed bass skills mate, but out with the FM boy's again on Fri 22nd (the Office, Sooth Shields) and Sat 23rd (Horseshoe, Crook) if your around?