Why become a member? ×

Gave my Sterling a paint job...

Duarte

[quote name='Duarte' post='1121986' date='Feb 9 2011, 10:08 PM']I bought an old EBMM Sterling just before christmas...[/quote]

Yes you did... that's a very early example, one of the first to come off the line in 1993, Flea bridge, mutes fitted... pretty rare, best keep that pristine...

Oh, wait....

[quote name='Kev' post='1122011' date='Feb 9 2011, 10:32 PM']I hope its a keeper mate! :) Is that an early sterling as well??[/quote]
Heheh, yeah it's an early one. A nice one too...

...it's got a lot of sentimental value though. It's a keeper for sure.

And we have an old saying in Italy that goes like this: [i][b]"Ogni scarrafone e' bello a' mamma sua"[/b][/i] which roughly translate in... [b][i]"every cockroach is beautiful to his own mom"[/i][/b], and that ultimately means that if you like it, that's what matter, and if others don't that's tough! :)

Edited by Grand Wazoo

Have you posted pics on the EBMM forum? The guys their really embrace home modifications like this! Ha While your there send big poppa a message to see if he likes it and ask him if he thinks it would sound better with a j-east preamp and a Kent Armstrong pickup, The reply will be Internet gold I'm sure......

:)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1122188' date='Feb 10 2011, 12:34 AM']Have you posted pics on the EBMM forum? The guys their really embrace home modifications like this! Ha While your there send big poppa a message to see if he likes it and ask him if he thinks it would sound better with a j-east preamp and a Kent Armstrong pickup, The reply will be Internet gold I'm sure......[/quote]

Yes! Go and act like an arse on someone else's forum and see if anyone calls you an arse! Comedy gold!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1122188' date='Feb 10 2011, 12:34 AM']Have you posted pics on the EBMM forum? The guys their really embrace home modifications like this! Ha While your there send big poppa a message to see if he likes it and ask him if he thinks it would sound better with a j-east preamp and a Kent Armstrong pickup, The reply will be Internet gold I'm sure......[/quote]
I did. They love it.

They're happy if I'm happy with my bass I suppose, it's a nice forum!

:)

Edited by Duarte

[quote name='dlloyd' post='1122206' date='Feb 10 2011, 01:01 AM']Yes! Go and act like an arse on someone else's forum and see if anyone calls you an arse! Comedy gold![/quote]

SRPs post was clearly tongue in cheek - not sure such a strong riposte was necassary unless yours was too....?

If so then FFS guys put some smileys on so that we know pls...!

[quote name='The Burpster' post='1122296' date='Feb 10 2011, 07:59 AM']+1

I like the paint effect really 'street', but man oh man - blackand yellow nikes with a bk red n wht bass?

What were you thinkin....?
:)[/quote]

I thought they would go with the guitar!

I who am I kidding, I clash with myself rather epicly...