Why become a member? ×

Have I Got The Funk ? poll included

artisan

just got my new P bass yesterday & went straight round to my drummer friends studio for a jam with him & my brother.
basically i just started jaming this here rhythm when Rhys,the drummer,said we should record it & see what developed,this is the result.
bearing in mind this was a total jam i think it's pretty funky & i don't consider myself a funk player especially after 32 years of rock & blues.
what to you guys think ? (be nice please)

btw i'd been messing with my amp' & turned the input gain up much to far without realising but quite like to result.

Ive got my pc running thru my rig,was listening to you play,son appears askin"was u playing along with that?"(had my bass plugged in)dont know why but "yea,getting better eh?"...."do it again then"he says,"no,feck off"....."knew it.you played longer than your usual 20 seconds".............anyway sound cool as f**k,id love to get to that standard :)

[quote name='Jigster' post='1120984' date='Feb 9 2011, 09:23 AM']really nice sound -

is it a Sue Ryder P by any chance? :)[/quote]
I,d give my right arm for a bloody Sue Ryder!,at least id have an excuse for being crap...this is what im reduced to cos my Ibbys stuck in Essex til i return for it...and im not joking,that one in your avatar looks sweet :)

thanks for the kind comments guys mucho appreciated :)

i must admit i like it myself,it's the first time i've heard a recording of myself & not though "that could have been a lot better if i'd only just ...... )

SUE f***ing RYDER ! how dare you :)

as for the tone,i'd been mucking about with my amp & inadvertantly turned the input gain too high,i did consider stopping to adjust it but alas i'm far too fat & lazy to walk all the way over to my amp again.
i thought it sounded crap when i was playing it but now i like it a lot---not too shure my rig does though.
as for compression i just had my amp's on board at about 50% or so.

[quote name='BassBus' post='1121693' date='Feb 9 2011, 07:38 PM']artisan Prestia :)[/quote]

hey he's nearly as good as me :)
just kidding
he's bloody good isn't he.
i'll admit i've not heard of him before but i'll be checking his video's out,it's fun this funk thing.
cheers.

Edited by artisan

[quote name='deksawyer' post='1123064' date='Feb 10 2011, 08:28 PM']Sounds bloomin marvellous. You have a nice constant attack in your playing, I quite envy that!

Can't say the same for the drummer though I'm afraid.....

D.[/quote]

why thank you kind sir :)

i'd best not tell the drummer,he'll chuck his teddy out for shure.
you know what they're like.