Why become a member? ×

Ebs Session 60 Opinions

sshorepunk

We've got the Session 60 in stock. It's a great little amp which would be fine for acoustic gigs and, if you use the DI, could be used in almost any situation. As with anything EBS, it's got a really clean, clear sound. For the same price you could get a bigger, louder amp but I don't think you'll get the same quality elsewhere for the price.

Here's a link to the website:

[url="http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/ebs-session-60-1224-p.asp"]http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/ebs-session-60-1224-p.asp[/url]

Let me know if you need any more info.

Richard

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have more opinions about this amp?

i'm also thinking about buying one because i need a small and compact combo for little gig as bars, hotels, etc. I play in a covers band and normally use a BA115 but it is too heavy and I'm not getting younger...!

What are your opinions?

great combo. I used my for practice at home, in church (Tilt function useful) and used it to record 3 tracks with my band in the studio (Great DI, Engineer was chuffed to bits with it and the sound)

Character function is useful to get a bit more old school.

Really really brilliant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Took a chance & bought one of these online recently. Impressive - I'd say it's the best small amp I've tried in the under £250 price bracket. Think EBS could shift a lot more of these if they had better distribution - I'm in the north east & my nearest stockist is in the Midlands!

B.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1324218660' post='1471901']
Bit late to the party, but I've got a video in the BC review section of the EBS session combo :)
[/quote]

I think your review was the thing that made me buy one actually - you should be on commission!

Cheers,

B.

• 2 years later...

I bought one of these three years ago and was very impressed with it until the speaker failed 10 months after I bought it. After much messing about I got a replacement under warranty. Then just before Christmas last year I went along to a rehearsal, plugged it in, switched it on, it made a farting noise and a load of smoke came out the back. It's currently sitting in my garage while I decide whether to take it to a repairer or throw it in a skip.

Not great really if I'm honest. The speaker is mounted on MDF via pretty useless inserts which dont do a great job. I had to get some large/wide wood screws and remount the driver when it became loose. This made it better but by no means perfect. Didn't really matter for too long as the amp packed up all together! Its sitting here gathering dust as I don't think its really worth getting it fixed.

The main office for EBS's UK distributer is in Letchworth - I had a very minor problem with my HD350 - gave them a ring, spoke to the fellas in the Tech department who were incredibly helpful and sent me out the relevant part FOC. Give them a ring.

[b] OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTOR:[/b]

[b]SOUND TECHNOLOGY LTD[/b]
Letchworth Point
Letchworth Garden City
Hertfordshire
SG6 1ND

Phone: 01462 480000
Email: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
Web: [url="http://www.soundtech.co.uk/"]www.soundtech.co.uk[/url]