Why become a member? ×

Who Is Marcus Hopper?

merello

[quote name='bumnote' post='1098859' date='Jan 22 2011, 05:14 PM']I think Im the oddity that likes the original 1 3/4 p bass neck

If I win the lottery Im going to order a coral pink lakland with a precision neck[/quote]

No you're not. My '57RI has a 1 3/4 neck... love it!

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='1099140' date='Jan 22 2011, 10:28 PM']That is one ugly bass! A Jazz body without a pickup in the bridge postion? It`s just not right. And who is gonna play the Dog and Duck with a pink bass? Not me girls!

Jez[/quote]

I'd have it in a heart beat if I could justify it.

Wonderful looking thing.

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='1099140' date='Jan 22 2011, 10:28 PM']That is one ugly bass! A Jazz body without a pickup in the bridge postion? It`s just not right. And who is gonna play the Dog and Duck with a pink bass? Not me girls!

Jez[/quote]

I'd have it in a heart beat if I could justify it.

Wonderful looking thing.

[quote name='poptart' post='1102708' date='Jan 25 2011, 08:42 PM']Well - I had not heard of Mr Hopper either! However this hybrid beast is actually pretty cool, the pink ones are rare if that is your thing ;-)

Regards

Mark[/quote]

Shouldn't you change the title to Mark Hoppus as the thread was pointing out?!

[quote name='Johnston' post='1104078' date='Jan 26 2011, 05:31 PM']Why is it called a precision when it has a Jazz body??

If you put Three single coils on a telecaster does it become a strat?[/quote]

IIRC the body shape is the only thing on it that resembles a jazz.

If you cut a telecaster body into the shape of a strat, does it make it a strat when the electrics, hardware and neck are all still the telecaster specs?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1102892' date='Jan 25 2011, 10:20 PM']I have one, it's awesome.[/quote]

cool, can you bring it to the next SE or London bash you go to?

I'd quite like a reverse headstock so I could put a hipshot on it. I've heard the extra length of the E makes the downtuning to D better. Not sure if it's true though.