Why become a member? ×

danelectro

LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='125385' date='Jan 22 2008, 12:30 PM'][url="http://www.danelectro.com/bass_ls_aqua.html"]http://www.danelectro.com/bass_ls_aqua.html[/url]
look at this, am i the only one that thinks it looks amazing?[/quote]
it looks cool

[quote name='Wil' post='125408' date='Jan 22 2008, 01:12 PM']I just wish they'd reissue the DC bass. That one is nice, though, and Dano basses sound amazing.[/quote]
but this one is gorgeous :wub:

Edited by setekh

[quote name='Tee' post='125554' date='Jan 22 2008, 04:51 PM']Doesn't sound too bad to me either, for what is a cheap bass.[/quote]

And there's the point, really. I'm not too keen on the Aqua (I prefer the Black) but at that price it would be hard to make a serious mistake.

Does anyone know where they're made? At this point, I'm assuming Korea or China.

[quote name='Wil' post='125652' date='Jan 22 2008, 07:05 PM']Good enough for Fat Mike, good enough for me :)

[/quote]

Damn right, I read that he started playing them after having back issues from his Fenders. He gets a great tone out of those Danelectros!

I quite fancy a red one actually, although you have to take the neck off to adjust the relief which would be a pain...

I think I'll drop JHS a line to see when/how much etc.

I love Danelectros - used to have a 30' scale Baritone single cut that I had modified with a set of grovers and re-tuned to EADGBE like a bass with 2 high strings. Sounded good and played really well.

If I'd kept it I would have tried to get a metal bridge though. The control pots were crap too but it's part of the vibe!

I can imaging the phone call to the design department now...

"What the hell is this that you've sent me?"

"It's the scaled up version of that model you sent us"

"Idiot! That was a piece of sky out of my jigsaw puzzle! The design was on the back of the fag packet that was in the envelope!"

[quote name='tauzero' post='126091' date='Jan 23 2008, 02:00 PM']I can imaging the phone call to the design department now...

"What the hell is this that you've sent me?"

"It's the scaled up version of that model you sent us"

"Idiot! That was a piece of sky out of my jigsaw puzzle! The design was on the back of the fag packet that was in the envelope!"[/quote]

:)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='126586' date='Jan 24 2008, 12:47 AM']ive been tempted to build a dano inspired bass out of plywood.... it could sound amazing. at least it would be different than your normal fender/mm clones or [b]exotic wood brigade[/b][/quote]
:huh: ;)

now there's something I'd like to see! :)