Why become a member? ×

Which Amp To Cab Cable ?

LITTLEWING

After a few years of combos I've finally upgraded to an Ashdown Mag300 EVO II head into a Hartke 400w 2x 15" cab (which incidentally sounds 'kin awesome !!) I've seen adverts for hook up cables and realised I should really have a quality link to get the best out of the system. I've seen a few including Monster and Klotz around. Which cable would you seasoned low-enders recommend from your trial and error stories?

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1096937' date='Jan 20 2011, 10:44 PM']I make my own with speakons and the really thick Hi-fi speaker cable from maplin[/quote]

I did the same with some lovely VanDamme cable that I just happened to have knocking around...

:) [quote name='LITTLEWING' post='1098211' date='Jan 21 2011, 11:21 PM']If they were gold plated coat hangers, then yes !! On a few member's recommendations I've ordered a 1 metre jack to jack cable from Dave at bassic-bits (OBBM). Soon as I've tried it I'll put a review on here.[/quote]

OMG!!! All fall to your knees and hail OBBM. I just got an amp to cab lead for a bargain £13.50 and it turned my Ashdown head into an Ampeg in one swoop. This simple cable opened up the voice of the amp and made my Hartke 2 x 15" wish it was never born. Forget all these fancy makes and glitzy websites, Dave at bassic-bits is da man. I might just make up a T-shirt...... :)