Why become a member? ×

Basses With Best Resale Values?

fraff

Hello

I'm about to leave my job after nearly nine years and am in line for quite a nice leaving pressie hopefully - "jammy git" I hear you say, but I've made these guys loads of money over the years so I think it's fair enough! I reckon they're gonna spend say £500 and will no doubt be looking for hints at what I want.

Now, truth is that what I really fancy right now is a Lakland Skyline Decade, and they ain't gonna run to that! So, I'm wondering what to go for a bit lower down the scale that will hold it's value best if I look to sell it on and put the punts towards the Decade that I really fancy...

What do you guys think?

Cheers!

[quote name='henry norton' post='1092757' date='Jan 17 2011, 05:05 PM']You could always ask for the cash :)[/quote]
No doubt the revenue would love that just a little bit less than I would!

[quote name='bumnote' post='1092766' date='Jan 17 2011, 05:12 PM']offer to make up the difference to a decade[/quote]
Not a bad idea that, cheers!

[quote name='longtimefred' post='1093091' date='Jan 17 2011, 08:49 PM']i sold my 1989 stingray for the same price i bought it for 6 years ago. but you will be lucky to get an old ray for £500 so this post is a bit pointless!

sorry :)[/quote]

In the last 10 months I have sold 7 basses as follows:

1) Stingray 5
2) Bongo 5 HHp
3) EBMM 25th Anniversary 5 strings
4) Fender Jap reissue Precision
5) Squier CV 50's style Precision
6) EBMM Big Al 5 SSS
7) Squier CV 60's Jazz

Total purchase cost for those 7 basses: £6'430
Money made from the sale of all of them: £6'570.50

Which means I haven't lost anything and made instead a £140.60 profit in the process. This proves to me that if you buy quality gear and you keep them in mint conditions as I have you shouldn't really do to bad when you sell them on.