Why become a member? ×

Fender Us '62 Ri Precision With J P/up

Clarky

I bought this American Vintage '62 Reissue Precision from BC'er Gareth only two months ago but have decided that I want a plain Jazz - rather than a P/J - in addition to my Fender Pino. I now have a gorgeous seafoam green Bacchus Jazz, hence I am moving this on to recoup spent funds.

The black nitro finish has lots of fine surface scratches but is in excellent condition (no dings) for a 1994 bass (serial V071910). Weight-wise it comes in at 9.8 lbs. Prior to my ownership (not sure if it was done prior to Gareth) the bass had an American Vintage Reissue '62 Jazz pickup fitted, together with the copper grounding strip (painted black). The control layout is V/V/T, so you can blend the P and J tones or have only one pickup engaged. There is no case unfortunately.

The pic is from Gareth's original FS post (hope that's OK Gareth?) I am asking £800 collected or meeting in London. Not keen on delivery right now as Mrs C's patience has worn this with waiting in for Interparcel for me!

Note this is not for those who like skinny necks. Has the 1.75" width at the nut and is quite a handful. Wearing flatwound strings, so very retro!

[attachment=68037:DSC00133.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

Thanks for clarifying Gareth. In response to a PM, sorry no trade offers please. I am looking to recoup spent funds here.

Edit: will try to get some fresh photos up over the weekend

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='headofire' post='1082843' date='Jan 9 2011, 01:03 AM']cool bass man.. wish you were trading on this one...[/quote]
Sorry but I am seriously all spent out, having just bought an Alembic, and really need to raise some cash

Just tweaked the truss rod (got rid of a minor buzzing issue at 16th fret on A/D strings) and replaced the EB Super Slinky rounds with TI Flats, which suit the retro nature of the bass much better IMHO. Plays really nicely with medium or medium/low action of 3mm at the 12 th fret. If you want the action really low, it will probably need a pro setup. Any interest folks?

Edited by Clarky

Its clear cash is in short supply right now and I do not need any more basses so a trade option is out. So thinking creatively here (and looking at BassDirect's payment plan), I would be prepared to sell this to a BassChatter [b]with whom I have had previous good dealings or who has consistently good feedback[/b] for:

- £400 now

- and either £100 per month for four months thereafter or a one-time £400 payment in three months time (ie, during April)

How does that sound?

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1097115' date='Jan 21 2011, 09:13 AM']Don`t do this to me Clarky - its really not fair! Having played that bass the temptation is far too great - tho I am trying my best to resist.[/quote]
Not wishing to stymie a deal but - ahem - Lozz don't you have enough Precisions mate? :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1097120' date='Jan 21 2011, 09:15 AM']Not wishing to stymie a deal but - ahem - Lozz don't you have enough Precisions mate? :)[/quote]
That, and the lack of available funds are equal factors, tho if I had the money, I`d def find a home for this.

Saturday bump, highlighting there's a £25 price drop to get this moving, so its

£775 or per payment plan above:

- £400 now with £375 in April

- or £375 now and four monthly payments of £100 to BassChatters I know well and/or have had good dealings with

Sunday morning bump. Swapped strings again for an old worn- in set of TI flats and I think it's now at it's most retro-ness and best playability (compares very favourably with my Pino, the main difference being the clubbier neck on the 62)

Cash only unles silldx wants to trade his awesome custom bass :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1099373' date='Jan 23 2011, 10:15 AM']Sunday morning bump. Swapped strings again for an old worn- in set of TI flats and I think it's now at it's most retro-ness and best playability (compares very favourably with my Pino, the main difference being the clubbier neck on the 62)

Cash only unles silldx wants to trade his awesome custom bass :)[/quote]

Stop using the words "retro" and "TI flats" in your postings. I am weak...

[quote name='tredders' post='1099377' date='Jan 23 2011, 10:18 AM']Stop using the words "retro" and "TI flats" in your postings. I am weak...[/quote]
Tredders, from your sig you clearly are a bit short in the Precision department so you know it makes sense!!

Final price drop £750 to get this sold as could do with some positive cash flow for a change (just had to fork out over weekend for Macbook for eldest son who is doing an Art foundation - ouch). If it does not sell at this level I will store it and put it up FS if/when the market starts moving again.

Payment plan options - 2x £375 or £350 plus 4x £100

Edited by Clarky

PS, if anyone on South Coast is interested in this I will be at the University of Chichester on Sunday recording a live video in the daytime (roughly 11am-6pm) with my swampy blues band Rattlin Bone so could meet up there or nearby

[quote name='Clarky' post='1101366' date='Jan 24 2011, 08:56 PM']PS, if anyone on South Coast is interested in this I will be at the University of Chichester on Sunday recording a live video in the daytime (roughly 11am-6pm) with my swampy blues band Rattlin Bone so could meet up there or nearby[/quote]

FFS Clarky stop it