Why become a member? ×

Fender Us '62 Ri Precision With J P/up

Clarky

Specific trade alternative:

I had a deal to buy a fretless Precision but this has fallen through overnight. Hence I would trade this bass for a fretless MIA Precision (eg Tony Franklin) in sunburst or oly white (not maple neck) if anyone is interested

Edited by Clarky

Actually, its a bit painful trying to sell a nice bass in this market and - given the lack of interest - I am withdrawing for now. I will try re-selling at some point in future on BassChat or eBay

Edit: so much for my 'creative' payment plan idea!!!!!

Edited by Clarky

FYI, this now on eBay [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130480030819&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT[/url]

Should any BC'er want to buy this (at the £750 price discussed in this thread) I will of course remove the eBay listing (assuming no bids have been received)

... or £350 now and payment plan as above for balance of £350?

Will also post in lots of bubble wrap and a cardboard guitar box (sorry, no case) to non-South East BC'ers

(17 watchers now and no bids ...)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1114294' date='Feb 3 2011, 06:40 PM']Sigh ..... didn't sell on eBay

Anyone interested? £700 or £350 x2[/quote]

Mine didnt sell on ebay either, but I did have a few messages after the auction closed asking wether I would like to do a deal, so I came to an arrangement outside of ebay with someone.
Maybe you will get someone? :)

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1114370' date='Feb 3 2011, 07:34 PM']Mine didnt sell on ebay either, but I did have a few messages after the auction closed asking wether I would like to do a deal, so I came to an arrangement outside of ebay with someone.
Maybe you will get someone? :)[/quote]
Thanks mate but no contacts so far. Think I will get it set up properly at the Bass Gallery and then try and sell again once the action is nice and low (rather than its current medium)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1114748' date='Feb 4 2011, 12:03 AM']Stick a Sue Ryder neck on it (preferably maple). It will inevitably sell in minutes, then sell the buyer the original neck to fix the problems of the Ryder neck. :)[/quote]

You say that but if it had a maple fretboard (not a Ryder neck though) I'd have it...

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='Clarky' post='1114997' date='Feb 4 2011, 10:09 AM']Thanks gents. I am just cutting a big hole in the scratchplate and have written Sue Ryder in permanent marker on the headstock. Should go in minutes[/quote]

ok. Make it £60 too and I'll have it!
:)

Played the bass again this morning. Actually there's nowt wrong with the action, its just that it has a big 'ol neck so that by the time you are in the stratospheric heights (!) of the 12th fret its really quite a handful (much beefier say than the Pino feels). For those who like a big 'ol neck this really is something of a steal at £700.

So here's a fat neck bump :)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1117463' date='Feb 6 2011, 11:08 AM']Sunday morning bump. Lovely bass but neck is too chunky for me (despite OP, I now have a P/J incoming but this has a slimmer neck profile).[/quote]
Hi Clarky

Where are you based? I live down in the depths of Kent (Dover) I could be interested in the Fender, but would need to try before I buy. Thats if the 57 reissue that I am looking at on Ebay doesn't come my way.

All the best
Bex

[quote name='Bex' post='1118127' date='Feb 6 2011, 07:34 PM']Hi Clarky

Where are you based? I live down in the depths of Kent (Dover) I could be interested in the Fender, but would need to try before I buy. Thats if the 57 reissue that I am looking at on Ebay doesn't come my way.

All the best
Bex[/quote]
Hi Bex I am just south of Hammersmith in SW London

Happy for you to give it a try out but late work times this week and half-term hol the following week would mean its. Couple of weeks before you could do so I'm afraid

So sounds like its best to see if you snaffle that 57 on eBay first!

Cheers Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1118229' date='Feb 6 2011, 08:38 PM']Hi Bex I am just south of Hammersmith in SW London[/quote]

The only thing just south of Hammersmith is the river! :)

Edited by Hobbayne