Why become a member? ×

James Lomenzo/ Ashdown Hyperdrive

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Tee' post='194602' date='May 8 2008, 12:38 PM']Can anyone point me to some sound samples for this?[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16704"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16704[/url]

[quote name='johnnylager' post='194603' date='May 8 2008, 12:41 PM']"Accidently" turn it on. Then Noodle. What will they do, sack you mid gig...!?[/quote]

No but it just sounds out of place :).

• 1 month later...

[quote name='phatbass787' post='150858' date='Mar 4 2008, 10:30 AM']Ok, got my J Lo pedal s few days ago so thought I would share my thoughts. Gotta say in 20 years of playing and experimenting with gear this is without a doubt the best overdrive pedal i have encountered. It's very solidly built like a little tank and just begs to be stomped on! The variety of sounds is fantastic, setting the mix fairly low with drive up a little it just makes your bass sound warmer, more full and just generally more harmonic, everythings a little sweeter, great for blues. If you get a bit more aggressive with the controls you can make your bass just sound huge and absolutely filthy but bottom and top end clarity are retained whereas most pedals I have had just turn things to mush. With some more tweaking i managed to get that ever sustaining cello sound which is just amazing. True bypass too. All this and I have only had it for a couple of days. I use a P bass through an Ashdown Classic rig in case you were wondering. Best bit of all though is the price! I would happily pay double the asking price for this it really is that good. Think i may have to buy a couple more to have them all set differently! :)[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
Might have to put one of these up against my Ashdown Drive Plus! :huh:
"I would happily pay double the asking price!"......reminds me of that Not the nine o clock news sketch!(Rowan Atkinson) regarding the price of the Television licence,and praising the BBCs value for money!

i managed to score one of these a little while ago.
i have to say that i love it. It get sused to add a little hair to my Deans and does the job admirably!
it is really so versatile that i think it will be hanging around for a good while yet!
it punches so much above it's weight, that i believe it would sell even if the asking price were £99 rather than the meagre £59 rrp.
A bargain - probably the best bang for buck drive pedal i have ever heard!

• 1 month later...

i just noticed this thread!

i got mine was just delivered today! had a few hours to play with it! to be fair its a graet sounding pedal for the money! £49!

usually when you use a distortion pedal and ram it up to max you get a really muddy unusable mess but the hyperdrive gives you a really tight fuzz! a great pedal!

cheers!

love mine and heres a link to some bass player endorsee.......

[url="http://www.bassplayer.tv/"]http://www.bassplayer.tv/[/url]

go for the player named , erm who em james lomenzo??

andy

ps, I'll be expecting a comment 3V17C - you know why!! :)

Edited by andy67

• 3 weeks later...

I ain't tryin' to say it looses low end absolutely...

But it [i]looses[/i].

Ok, when Mid Freq is fairly low, difference isn't really big, but, hell, it [i]exists[/i], and I can feel it.

And, it's not hard to check the difference, as you know - knob on/knob [i]off[/i]

P.S. it can't be bugger. It's fresh and new. And, finally, I'm really not the very first one to complain about low end, am I...?

[quote name='BigBadBass' post='262068' date='Aug 13 2008, 11:40 PM']i just noticed this thread!

i got mine was just delivered today! had a few hours to play with it! to be fair its a graet sounding pedal for the money! £49!

usually when you use a distortion pedal and ram it up to max you get a really muddy unusable mess but the hyperdrive gives you a really tight fuzz! a great pedal!

cheers![/quote]

Where's selling it for £49?

i have just received my pedal after reading about it and seeing the bassplayer tv interview with JLo himself.

i have set up in the following order, bass - tuner - hyperdrive - sansamp bddi - fx return of amp.

i must say that i am very impressed, even in the dining room at low levels.

by using the mix control well the low end is still there, which was something i wanted as most of the other pedals i have used have lost the low end, serves me right for using guitar pedals ( big muff and nano metal muff).

really really pleased with this.