Why become a member? ×

SEI ORIGINAL 5 --SOLD on ebay!--

Harrythebassdawg

[attachment=67727:bass_to_sell_001.jpg][attachment=67728:bass_to_sell_003.jpg][attachment=67729:bass
_to_sell_007.jpg][attachment=67730:bass_to_sell_008.jpg][attachment=67731:bass_to_sell_006.jpg]
Hello folks,

Finally I've got used to the idea that I need to sell this bass, as need to buy a double bass and/or a jazz style bass, so here it is.

Its got bartolinis
Ebony fretboard, with a double lining round the edge.
Zebrano as the main bulk of the body,
with bookmatched olive front and back
With ebony and maple between the two.
Maple and wenge neck
BC3P Schack 18V on board EQ system - basically some wicked electronics in the back where you can alter the frequencies of what the tone knobs will change via DIP switches!!!
Headed but cut away at the bottom

oh and the serial number is 007!

condition is great, minus 3 small 'dinks' on the back of the neck..they don't affect playability at all, and can only be seen up close. I have the action set faily low, and it makes this bass very fast to play with its very shallow neck, it plays nicely with a higher action too.

totalling up the spec on the Sei website, this would come too over £2500 (+6 months wait!), I'm looking for [s]£1700[/s], £1500
..or its a long shot, but a trade for a lakland jazz (particularly after a 4 string joe osborne/44-60), sadowsky jazz, fender jazz or cheap double bass

[quote name='Harrythebassdawg' post='1078001' date='Jan 4 2011, 10:18 PM']Forgot to add, If you'd like to hear it on some tracks, check out my myspace at www.myspace.com/harrydeacon

its on the tracks by the Kingston Jazz Trio:
All Blues - Zippy funky sound, but with sweet lows
So nice - Warm, round verging on acoustic sounds
Footprints - Somewhere in between ^

these are just a few of the variations on the tones, they don't even show off the versatilty of the mid range that this bass is capable of![/quote]

Video[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Diwquaxh2h8"]THERE'S A SMALL VIDEO HERE TOO![/url]

Edited by Harrythebassdawg

Forgot to add, If you'd like to hear it on some tracks, check out my myspace at www.myspace.com/harrydeacon

these are just a few of the variations on the tones, they don't even show off the versatilty of the mid range that this bass is capable of!

[quote name='Harrythebassdawg' post='1078001' date='Jan 4 2011, 10:18 PM']Forgot to add, If you'd like to hear it on some tracks, check out my myspace at www.myspace.com/harrydeacon

these are just a few of the variations on the tones, they don't even show off the versatilty of the mid range that this bass is capable of![/quote]

Nice playing.
We do Footprints and All Blues. Nice versions and good luck with the sale.

[quote name='bassfan' post='1083362' date='Jan 9 2011, 05:52 PM']That is stunning. I'm still toying with the idea of selling or trading my JO. Pics on my Gear thread, it's not everyone's cuppa colour wise though :)[/quote]

Ha, interesting! well let me know if you do want rid of it at any point....not saying I'm entirely convinced on the flavour of colour ....not sure if I love it or hate it, I have a feeling it would be a bit too much for some of the black tie jazz gigs! but amazing for other more lively funk sets!

[quote name='Harrythebassdawg' post='1086696' date='Jan 12 2011, 01:54 PM']Your welcome to come and have a try Stu! I'm putting some new strings on today or tomorrow.[/quote]

Where are you? I see your sig says Kingston. Is that Kingston Upon Thames - if so, I will be there at the end of the month, so that might work.

Stu

[quote name='Stuart Clayton' post='1086744' date='Jan 12 2011, 02:33 PM']Where are you? I see your sig says Kingston. Is that Kingston Upon Thames - if so, I will be there at the end of the month, so that might work.

Stu[/quote]

Yeah kingston upon thames, great, I'll message you my number. I am looking to shift it soon, but there's always a good chance it will still be around then!

cheers