Why become a member? ×

Affordable Quality CD Duplication for your band

Cat Burrito

We're putting out our next album in the new year. It's going to need an 8 page booklet & digipack is favourite at the moment. I know that format is far from the cheapest option but so far I've been quoted;

1000 cds with digi- pack and 8 page booklet £949+vat

1000 cds with jewel case and 8 page booklet £609+vat

Can anyone recommend a decent company who aren't too expensive? I reckon I could shave at least a couple of hundred off that first price, especially in the current market.

Hi Burrito,

You may be better off asking again in the New Year - most of the capacity at the moment will be full of Now Christmas 36 and the like. Come the New Year there will be a lot more gaps in the order books that need filling. Also, make sure all set up costs are included in the price (glass mastering particularly - should be for a thousand). The price quoted for jewel case is fairly close to what I was getting a couple of years back from most of the bigger manufacturers including Optimal in Germany. If anything, I think prices will have hels as capacity has dropped.

Was in the industry for a long while so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Mike

DigiPak is always going to be much more expensive. From what I can see there are only a couple of places manufacturing them, whereas there are a lot more producing jewel case packaging. The companies that you deal with are mostly brokers, so the price will depend on how desperate they are for you business, and you may be able the play them off against each other to get the price down a bit more.

Last time I looked (about 18 months ago) the cheapest price I could find for DigiPaks was from [url="http://www.discwizards.com/"]Disc Wizards[/url].

Thanks guys. We've paid for the glass master etc & luckily it's the bands 4th release so we have some knowledge around this. Digipack is expensive but probably worth it. The company who quoted us are the ones we normally use and certainly we're happy to wait until the New Year. Just trying to get feelers for when we spring into action. Cheers

Try giving Andy a call/message Tim - as well as getting them duplicated we have ours pressed up to look like vinyl, and they are quite reasonable, though as Andy sorts them all out, I have no idea on the costs. He has told me, and I didn`t either laugh or fall over, so must be ok.

I used these guys this year and found them to be very helpful indeed, they gave us loads of advice on which pack to go for and artwork etc. I liked them because they were in the South West!

[url="http://www.discmanufacturingservices.com/"]DMS[/url]

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1051287' date='Dec 8 2010, 08:19 AM']We're putting out our next album in the new year. It's going to need an 8 page booklet & digipack is favourite at the moment. I know that format is far from the cheapest option but so far I've been quoted;

1000 cds with digi- pack and 8 page booklet £949+vat

1000 cds with jewel case and 8 page booklet £609+vat

Can anyone recommend a decent company who aren't too expensive? I reckon I could shave at least a couple of hundred off that first price, especially in the current market.[/quote]

Cheers for the responses guys & Loz, will do :)

[quote name='Randy_Marsh' post='1052311' date='Dec 9 2010, 12:56 AM']We're looking at getting our EP duplicated soon (after it's been mixed and mastered etc). As we'd only be needing around 100 to 200 what would be the best move? I've asked for a quote from disc wizards about the cardboard sleeve jobbies. Any advice?[/quote]
EBay has sellers doing small runs of 100 etc. A mate of mine just used one of the EBay listings for a short run & was suitably pleased